Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Samsonite With OEM Case.

Reaction score
Pretty much done with this project now, I have the time as our winter is pretty bad lately,

Still want to add a couple lid shocks, there on the way.

I got this Samsonite and a spare OEM case and went to work, Gutted a brand new piece of
luggage , that was fun , tore everything off the OEM case. then went to work,

I have the I2 , X5S , 4 Batteries , 6 when I make the cut when a set stays on the I2 ,

CrystalSky Ultra 7.8 , Cendence , Slave , Charger and props, the case will
lock and has 2 small handles and a pull out handle for rolling it around.
Enjoy !
Jeffcase 1.jpg case 3.jpg case 5.jpg

Reactions: Mixchief
Last edited:
Nicely done. How’s the fit? Do you have to jiggle the top lid to get it in place? I’ve found it hard sometimes to snug the OEM unless it comes straight down, and I imagine yours now swings down.

If anything maybe a small wiggle in front left to right.
it seems to fit pretty good, I am still going to add
the struts for the lid or not.

Really nice. Although the one thing that confuses me is the battery storage as you are NOT allowed to have the batteries in your check luggage and MUST bring them aboard in a separate case.

Pretty much done with this project now, I have the time as our winter is pretty bad lately,

Still want to add a couple lid shocks, there on the way.

I got this Samsonite and a spare OEM case and went to work, Gutted a brand new piece of
luggage , that was fun , tore everything off the OEM case. then went to work,

I have the I2 , X5S , 4 Batteries , 6 when I make the cut when a set stays on the I2 ,

CrystalSky Ultra 7.8 , Cendence , Slave , Charger and props, the case will
lock and has 2 small handles and a pull out handle for rolling it around.
Enjoy !
JeffView attachment 17691 View attachment 17692 View attachment 17693
Great. I didn't realise that the Cendence fitted sideways. I tried laying it flat in that space and was about to get a separate case for my Cendence and Crystal Sky.

Thanks for the link to the case to the Samsonite case too.

Great idea! Could you please help with the following questions;

Do you think the bag offers additional protection over just the case? and is there any space between the Inspire case and the Bag for say a layer of bubble wrap of something?
Does the internal parts removed effect the integrity of the bag? do you remove your OEM inspire case or is it permanent?

Pretty much permanent , I had to stand on the OEM case to get it to slide in LOL, You do
Have to carve here and there, I used a hot knife, the top is on the other side , so it is in the OEM
Case the whole time. Kinda gatta line it up a little but its easy, I will continue to use this from time to time
I just got me GPC landing mode case as well last week, its much larger then this. But it has its pros and cons as well. This was a fun project for me. I like the wheels and handle as well. Internal parts I gutted all of it there is no extra room. Except the fit both top and bottom of the OEM case into it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdolphBonn