Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Seeking X5 Gimbal repair not replacement!

Discussion in 'Zenmuse X5' started by MacDyver, Jan 19, 2016.

1. MacDyver

So while filming n.o.e. at high speed to give the illusion of a vehicle moving quickly I clipped a palm tree, yes pilot error. Afterward the gimbal would only shake like an alcoholic with epilepsy, no outward signs of damage but I could now feel friction in gimbal rotation, Scorpion Drones in Miami stated they don't repair gimbals just replace so I ordered one from DJI. I believe this gimbal is repairable so if anyone knows a business that can actually diagnose and repair the X5 gimbal please drop a post. I thank you in advance. Btw I am deliriously happy with my i1, dual remote package.

2. RaptorMan

Mac, how much did they say it would cost to replace the gimbal? How much for parts and how much for labor?

Brian

3. burlbark

I have repaired 500 or so Vision+ and Phantom 3 gimbals and know DJI systems like the back of my hand. I would be more than happy to take a look and see whats going on with it. You can find some of my work at USdronerepair.com and there is a facebook link there so you can see some of my latest work. More than likely you bent a motor shaft and that in turns breaks the brushless motor controller potentiometer, which I keep in stock.

Jeremy

Chrono72000, slim.slamma and MacDyver like this.
  4. MacDyver

No labor, $1,699.00 usd for new gimbal.

5. MacDyver

U.S. Army was good enough for me 26Y 8/77 8/86, ets'd from the Big Red 1, Gold Star Parent, U.S. Marine Corp youngest daughter LCpl. 12/1/2012. I'll get it FedExed out this week. Thank you for your service and your response.

burlbark likes this.
  6. Jeramie

Can you email me Jeremy at jchampion07@gmail.com I need x5 gimbal repair asap