Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Setting GPS locations for laptimes in DJI Go app

Reaction score
Website
www.jackypoon.org
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if you could setup and save a GPS location and flight path, so you can return to the same spot in a later date and have the inspire 1 preform the exact same flight path and move automatically?

Or maybe I need a different app to do so? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys!

I don't think dji go does that. I'm using Autopilot on my iPhone now and it is pretty phenomenal for camera control. It allows you to save flight plans, it's one of the most expensive apps, but worth every penny IMO. It has a lot of automated features and fully customizable route planning. Best app I've used yet! I'm not affiliated with the developers btw

Reactions: Jacky Poon
I tried litchi a few months ago, I like the interface, it's simple. But using it to point the camera at a POI was terrible. BUT, I was using a phone from a year or two ago. I have the iPhone 7 now, I'm curious to see if maybe my old phone wasn't good enough for camera focusing

I tried litchi a few months ago, I like the interface, it's simple. But using it to point the camera at a POI was terrible. BUT, I was using a phone from a year or two ago. I have the iPhone 7 now, I'm curious to see if maybe my old phone wasn't good enough for camera focusing
Litchi is actually highly customizeable. you can set you path and at each point have it look at a new POI or along the path etc. Give it a shot again.

Tell me this, if you can. I read in autopilot manual that due to a limitation in the DJI SDK, it is not possible for the app to control one axis of aircraft movement (yaw), while the operator has control of the others (pitch and roll). Is this an IOS only limitation? Or a new limitation in sdk?

When I was using android with litchi a while back, I was able to control the aircraft as normal while having the camera yaw locked and the aircraft point at the POI giving me a very convenient way to have radial flight path in tight areas without having to be super tedious control wise and obstacles were a breeze to overcome. Basically hold however much aileron you want for your speed and the app would do the work for the yaw and give you a radius while having complete control of throttle and elevator. That was my favorite thing about litchi.

I think it would be really useful to beable to follow an object using custom flight paths to basically execute the path according to stick inputs. For example, set a horseshoe shaped path to give the zoom out effect on a driver window and loop around to the passenger side as the car is rolling. Ending up with the exact same distance and angle as the other side.

Tested litchi on the iPhone 7. It is also capable of yawing the aircraft toward the POI while the pilot manipulates the aileron and elevator just like it did on my android. The accuracy of keeping the camera locked on a POI is still not as good as Autopilot. Less customizable settings for focus mode when it comes to specifying the amount of tolerance, reaction speeds and on the fly focus height adjustment. Still could use some more exploring and testing. Litchi is really interesting in that it can manipulate some flight controls along with manual inputs. Especially when the Autopilot apps manual states this is not possible through sdk limitations

Tested litchi on the iPhone 7. It is also capable of yawing the aircraft toward the POI while the pilot manipulates the aileron and elevator just like it did on my android. The accuracy of keeping the camera locked on a POI is still not as good as Autopilot. Less customizable settings for focus mode when it comes to specifying the amount of tolerance, reaction speeds and on the fly focus height adjustment. Still could use some more exploring and testing. Litchi is really interesting in that it can manipulate some flight controls along with manual inputs. Especially when the Autopilot apps manual states this is not possible through sdk limitations

Nice thanks for the heads up sir! I'm using 7plus or iPad mini for work - which app would you recommend? Thanks.

I'm currently using Autopilot for real estate stuff with no complications on the 7plus. It takes a bit of getting use to the various settings and interface. But IMO it's best for work. It feels professional.

I haven't explored or tested too much of the object tracking or waypoint modes with litchi or Autopilot. But using them to focus on a house (using a gps POI) I definitely like Autopilot better.

I'm currently using Autopilot for real estate stuff with no complications on the 7plus. It takes a bit of getting use to the various settings and interface. But IMO it's best for work. It feels professional.

I haven't explored or tested too much of the object tracking or waypoint modes with litchi or Autopilot. But using them to focus on a house (using a gps POI) I definitely like Autopilot better.

Sounds good will give that a go! TBH I'm only looking to use it for GPS locationing and saving flight plans anyway, but of course good to have all these extras just in case hay!

J

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawsonlee