Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SFOC - Ontario Canada

Reaction score
I have applied for a SFOC with the ultimate goal of becoming a compliant operator.

Below comment I find troubling:

"2.You’ve included a statement of compliance with this application. I’m not certain what the goal of that was. Could you clarify if you were looking to become a compliant operator versus a restricted operator – complex? It should be noted that the DJI Inspire 1 is not a compliant UAV in Canada."

Anyone else come across this?

I have applied for a SFOC with the ultimate goal of becoming a compliant operator.

Below comment I find troubling:

"2.You’ve included a statement of compliance with this application. I’m not certain what the goal of that was. Could you clarify if you were looking to become a compliant operator versus a restricted operator – complex? It should be noted that the DJI Inspire 1 is not a compliant UAV in Canada."

Anyone else come across this?
Yes. It is discussed in greater detail in the other SFOC thread. You cannot apply for a compliant operator SFOC without a compliant UAV, of which only two are defined by Transport Canada (and outside of our price range). You need to apply for a restricted operator - complex SFOC and list your date range as being up to one year. You are allowed to put in the purpose of mission a line like:
'Various corporate and assessment projects as they occur', it doesn't have to be super specific.

Thanks for clarification gruvpix. I can live with that, I was thinking I would have to submit for every little job and sit back and wait for approval. A approved term isn't so bad.

Thanks for clarification gruvpix. I can live with that, I was thinking I would have to submit for every little job and sit back and wait for approval. A approved term isn't so bad.
Yes if you need assistance talk to Mark at Flite Lab. He was invaluable in guiding us through the process to get our SFOC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkaur