Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Some New Osmo hints and tips

Reaction score
I have the Osmo+ with Z3 Camera and Z-Axis. I also just received the M1 Gimbal yesterday. I have solved two problems that may be helpful for others. The problems & solutions are listed below.
1. How to use my M1 Gimbal with my Z-Axis?
2. How to counterbalance my M1 Gimbal if I want to use my Moondog Labs Anamorphic Lens
( Moondog Labs - Moondog Labs ) with my iPhone 6plus?

#1. I weighed the Z3 Gimbal head alone and found it to be 9.4oz. (266.49g). The Zenmuse M1 gimbal weighs in at 10.8oz. (306.17g). So, I needed to set up the Z-Axis to offset 1.4oz. (39.68g). I had read that this was possible by taking apart the Z-Axis and putting a zip tie around a portion of the spring to increase the tension. But, I wanted something a bit less invasive.
I found that if I attached two springs to the outside, it worked perfectly. The springs I used were made by Century Spring Corporation and the size was 5/16” X 3” X .028. I used a 2mm allen wrench to loosen the screws and just slipped the springs into place. (see photos).

i-34XcbhV-L.jpg

i-6NV78sf-L.jpg

#2. I love the anamorpic lens by Moondog Labs, but it adds 49 grams to the weight of my iPhone. I made a very simple, removable counterweight that just hangs on the side of my M1 gimbal that offsets that weight and allows the gimbal to balance easily. The weights I used were 4 rounds weights with a small hole in the middle. Each weight is .7 - .8oz, so 4 of them totals 3oz. (85.05g). I received these weights when I bought my first motorized gimbal (model M3L) from a company called Swiftcam. I'm not sure they still provide or sell them.
I simply took a coated paper clip and bent it to slip over the gimbal arm and hold the weights. Easy to put on and take off as needed. (see photos)

i-w6GT85S-L.jpg

i-wwZD3Qx-L.jpg

i-gcxPqjD-M.jpg

Hope this helps some folks. If you have questions, please post them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc