Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Strange hover behaviour

Reaction score
Hi All.
I am having a small tech issue with my Inspire and was wondering if any of you have any experience with this.

Whilst hovering near the ground, the aircraft will not hold altitude but keeps nudging upwards in 20cm increments, about once every 3 seconds. It keeps doing this until it is about 3m up, which leads me to believe that it is the optical sensor. The Inspire firmware is v1.8.1. It has only started doing this the last two flights. Last firmware update was done in July and has been stable since.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Will a firmware update help?

Espen

Have you done an RC Calibration? Perhaps there is a slight amount of throttle input going on there. You can also try turning the VPS system off as well to rule that out.

Hi All.
I am having a small tech issue with my Inspire and was wondering if any of you have any experience with this.

Whilst hovering near the ground, the aircraft will not hold altitude but keeps nudging upwards in 20cm increments, about once every 3 seconds. It keeps doing this until it is about 3m up, which leads me to believe that it is the optical sensor. The Inspire firmware is v1.8.1. It has only started doing this the last two flights. Last firmware update was done in July and has been stable since.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Will a firmware update help?

Espen
There were VPS/Barometer related problems reported with the later firmwares. I haven't experienced the issues myself.
The latest firmware, 1.9.1.30, is supposed to tackle the VPS problems.

Thank you for your helpful tips folks!

I will switch the VPS off for my job tomorrow, then update and see if it gets any better.

We're plagued by un-commanded changes in altitude, both ascending and descending, sometimes pretty rapid, by up to 2 metres, as well as some drift, rendering footage useless. I'm using an X5R on an original I1 and have a gut feeling that the motors are struggling with the weight. The up/down issue is worse when yawing - no I'm not exerting any up/down pressure on the stick. And worse in any wind over about 3 knots. When we have time, in a couple weeks, we'll put the X3 back on and see what happens to stability. If anyone has any useful info' on this I'd love to hear about.. My dealer couldn't find a problem so if this is 'standard' we'll need to change to a Matrice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanV875