Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thinking to downgrade from I1 to P3, thoughts?

Reaction score
Website
www.ericrejman.com
I'm starting to think I should downgrade to the Phantom 3 from the Inspire 1.. I can still return my I1 for full refund and thinking that I actually won't need the capabilities that the I1 offers for $2k more. Thoughts?

Ummm? There are 2 worlds here when it comes to deciding. Most of us want both worlds and All eyes. Some of us can't afford both worlds!
Better known as the eyes of a bird syndrome and addiction. I would still keep both and all others that you have if you can.
If I had to decide? Definitely keep the I1!!

I just bought a P3 advanced. Which for me the advanced is the way to go. I'll tell you what. I love my Inspire (cool factor) but the ease and convenience of that P3 I'm digging. I'm taking both to Hawaii next month and have a feeling after lugging the inspore with a big Ole GPC case to check in on the plane. And the P3 will be right above me in carry on. I might end up selling the I1

I just bought a P3 advanced. Which for me the advanced is the way to go. I'll tell you what. I love my Inspire (cool factor) but the ease and convenience of that P3 I'm digging. I'm taking both to Hawaii next month and have a feeling after lugging the inspore with a big Ole GPC case to check in on the plane. And the P3 will be right above me in carry on. I might end up selling the I1
I love My P3 Advanced! With the LB, I get what I want for superb video. But the Inspire is truly giving me the diversity!

Last edited:
as for me .. i am working as photographer , video n mapping as well more on industrial zone. so inspire are more reliable for me ~

Reactions: breathein
I have two P3 pros and a inspire 1 the inspire 1 is becoming a closet queen. Unless you are taking professional videos and have a second operator not much use in taking the inspire 1 . The biggest advantage and it is a huge is that you can put the P3 in a back pack and hike into the wood or take it where the action is, set it up in a minute and go. The inspire 1 won't even transform back into travel mode in grass.

Last edited:
Well...I just crashed my Inspire 1 today. I've had it for a year and have over 200 flights under my belt. The gimbaled camera is obliterated, the landing gear smashed, motors destroyed...the cost to repair it would be more than the Phantom 3 Pro. I'm going to pick up the Pro because it's cheaper, lighter weight and easier to lug around, and less costly to repair/replace. The Inspire IS the better of the two, but the P3 is just more convenient.

I still have my P3P and wont sell it! Too **** fun to fly for fun i use it as my (im bored lets go flying) and i let my wifey practice. And keep my 2 i1 for jobs and video production.

Reactions: fei8820
i use the phantom3 for poi stuff around the inspire with the subject matter in view. Pointless but he clients love it the vids. i also do my first preview with the phantom just to work out what im goimg to shoot

The Phantoms are toys remember!
They look like toys and are cheap looking.
Plus, they can't handle wind like the Inspire can.
Even as a hobbyist, the Inspire looks cool and professional.
I wouldn't think twice about which direction to take.

Sorry. I should have expanded on this subject which I have had some experience with. The X5 in my opinion is similar in capability to current "mirrorless" (non-DSLR) camera systems we used to fly which are light and give quality images with also being able to adjust exposure. In other words NOT a GoPro. In some requests we had with progression construction or inspection type imaging the camera system was and in the future, will be questioned to make sure the client gets the image quality and accuracy (nondistorted) they desire. This is not saying the X5 is the perfect system but it is more functional than a GoPro like system. Not trying to shoot down the GoPro, I have 2 and get some cool imagery from them, but talking more Professional quality still imaging...

Reactions: gruvpix
I have both P3P and I1 Pro X5. For stills, there is no debate, the X5 capabilities far exceed the sensor/lens from P3P...and since we mostly shoots stills the P3P is taking dust...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game