Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

This looks promising for broken battery cell

It's been a long time since i have had a play around with an Imax, does it have a build in discharge function? You could individually discharge the surrounding cells until they match ;)

Its a real shame DJI didnt let you access the balance lead anyway. You charger looks like the good old imax like someone else said, they all haves the same boards etc with slightly different outer.

I have a £40 ripmax charger that has kept lipos perfectly balanced for years,has a temp sensing pad for overheating,discharge etc

Always wanted a revolectrix charger for full cell monitoring/ tweaking via P/C etc. Ive heard they are fantastic for saving batts that wander out of balance.

It's been a long time since i have had a play around with an Imax, does it have a build in discharge function? You could individually discharge the surrounding cells until they match ;)

good news cell 2 is balanced now! it works! thank you so much!

I discharged each cell down to 3.5x volts, let cells rest for a bit to make sure they stayed the same. I put TB48 into Inspire let it drain until battery powered itself off. Charged it with DJI charger, all cells balanced. Let battery sit over night, still balanced next morning tried a flight all cells deviated extremely well not one error. I'll try a few more charges and flights when time permits. HealthyDrones reports: All good: no major deviations were found. Hope it stays this way!

1zoyiv6.jpg

Can you tell if one of these batts has been opened from warranty point of view? can you mod them to hold a balance lead permanently and use a good r/c charger over the dji to prelong their life.

And anyone know if the balance port matches a standard connector with cell order etc? It seems like he wired it himself but obviosuly you dont want to mix them up haha

Standard chargers are never as good

Last edited:
Can you tell if one of these batts has been opened from warranty point of view? can you mod them to hold a balance lead permanently and use a good r/c charger over the dji to prelong their life.

And anyone know if the balance port matches a standard connector with cell order etc? It seems like he wired it himself but obviosuly you dont want to mix them up haha

No you won't be able to tell if opened. There's no seal/warranty/tamper sticker inside.

Just want to say thanks for a fantastic article,Just bought a large qty of these batteries mostly dead.hopfully i might bring a bit of life back into them.........

Hi, I wrote that article... If anyone is in the UK, and not a million miles away (i'm on the Herts/Essex border or if you can find a courier), i'll happily plug your pack up to my setup and see what state it is in...

It'll have to be a "leave it with me and wait" kind of offer but i'll get round to it eventually and most packs in this state are due for the bin anyway so if you have to wait a week or two it shouldn't be the end of the world...

Hi Paul , I have just bought a lightly used inspire 1 with 2 batteries, a TB47 and aTB48, the 47 is showing 4 charges in the dji go app and a battery error and the cells are not balanced, the 3rd led I'd flashing , I discharged to 8% left to cool and it recharged to 54% before the 3rd led started to flash again , Do you think yor method would have any chance of rectifing it , I live in Lincolnshire so could post if this was an option

Regards
Chris

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've just brought back a TB47 that was reporting a broken cell and would just go to the central LED flashing when it was put on the charger. One cell was reading 4.10V with the others at 4.28V. I used a discharge program cell by cell to drop all the cells to 4.00V and we're in business.

What this leads me to believe though is that the supposedly smart charging circuitry that DJI says is built in to the batteries is a load of crap. It should be able to manage a 0.2V discrepancy between cells. My £20 el-cheapo HobbyKing spare charger can do it for god's sake.

Personally, I don't believe that the batteries have any balance charging functionality whatsoever. I think it's just a straight charge with the balance port only used for monitoring.

Hi - Ever put out a how to guide for the cables and balance charging? I’m working on saving a couple of TB48s. would be most appreciated!

Here's a few pics of the cables I put together to balance and charge the DJI Inspire batteries. The small plugs were taken from spare DJI cables I had from the A2 and Lightbridge systems. They were in my spare cable box, so I'm unsure which specific part number they are. DJI cable packs are quite cheap, check the pictures from one of the online retailers and you should figure out which is which cable is correct.

The small, 2-prong plug is the individual cell charge cable. I made it from the cable shown in the lower pic. The balance cable comes from an 8-pin cable. I used a hobby knife to trim off the connector to 7 pins, and it easily fits the balance plug socket on the DJI batteries.

While not a complete DIY writeup, the pics and description here may help others looking to bash a few cables to restore TB47/48 packs.

Good luck.

IMG_1441_zpsjkiuguje.jpg

IMG_9815_zpssftsuwpi.jpg

IMG_9598_zpswcrqwpnz.jpg

IMG_6508_zpslj11heue.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It appears this article is no longer live. Did anyone happen to save a copy somewhere?

Hi everyone, I am also interested in a copy of the article mentioned at the beginning of this thread, but it is not online at the provided URL. Anyone with a copy to share? Thank you

Hello Everyone

Did anyone repost this article back on so it is live. As I have just bought the Inspire and I know the battery’s are dead so I have watched a couple of YouTube tutorials on how to get life back into the battery so it can charge up fully. But I guess the cells won’t be balanced correctly is there anyone who has the spare cables setup and can guide me through the process it would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineC