Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Those silly little rubber battery covers

Reaction score
Of course I've already lost one and it won't be long before I lose the other. Anyone know where to get these? I did a search but no luck.

best you can do is to get in contact with dji. With a bit of luck they will sell those in the online shop (within a few months).

I use mine, but I wouldn't stress not having them if you're keeping it in the case. The design of the pins is solid and shouldn't be prone to damage.

In the manual it stats the purpose of those little rubber things is not to protect the pins from damage, but to limit their exposure to oxygen for oxidation. If I were to lose mine, I'd probably stick a piece of electrical tape to cover them up when not in use. You can also use electrical contact cleaner to keep the pins clean, which I plan to do with mine from time to time.

Reactions: Mike Harmon
Yeah, because I believe that works, if you're really concerned, you use dielectric grease.

Reactions: Ftolino
Be very careful if using electrical contact cleaner. Some brands can destroy plastic.

Alcohol and a Q tip should be adequate unless the pins are corroded.

My Inspire 1 never had its battery connectors covered and they still look new after 1 year...

Be very careful if using electrical contact cleaner. Some brands can destroy plastic.

Alcohol and a Q tip should be adequate unless the pins are corroded.

My Inspire 1 never had its battery connectors covered and they still look new after 1 year...
Dielectric grease isn't cleaner, and I assure you it doesn't hurt plastic.

Dielectric grease is good to prevent corrosion; the only concern might be using too much and attracting dirt.

I meant I wouldn't use contact cleaner on the battery connection pins. One time I thought it would be a good idea to clean a fan switch with spray on contact cleaner and it crumpled apart in my hands. ;)

Hopefully dji will start selling replacement parts for their existing products rather than constantly introducing new models. Right now dji's only available replacement part for the Inspire 2 is the propellers/mounts , and they can't even get that right.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
I use them simply to keep the batteries disconnected from the aircraft while in transport. Allows me to keep one more pair of batteries in the case.

You might try using some Sugru (google it) to make your own. You could put some Saran Wrap, food wrap, over the contacts and smash some Sugru all around it really tightly. It might take two packs. Let it set up and you should have a homemade custom molded cap. It might take a little ingenuity to get is smashed in there nice and tight and neat, but I've made all kinds of crazy stuff with Sugru. It a miraculous product.

I'll try it later and report back.

I did try my idea of making one. I did a rush job of it and needed to use two packets of Sugru but I think my test was enough to verify that it's probably a good way to make them. Do pardon my messiness. I did it way too fast and didn't make it very pretty. But I think it will work well.

If you keep massaging Sugru you can get it to be very neat and in any shape you want. I sometimes use little pieces of cut-up old credit cards to push and mold it. If you try it I'd say let it start to set up for an hour or a few hours. Then go back and push it in tightly around the connector again. You want as tight of a fit as you can get. Also, push the Sugru down into the connector so it can mold to the inside volume of it too. The less dead airspace, the less moisture there is to attack the contacts. Anyway, this is just a possible way to make some covers if you are concerned about having them exposed during non-use times.
I2-Cap.jpg

Reactions: deltalimatango
Nothing wrong with dielectric grease but seems unnecessarily messy and can attract/retain dust and grime. I might try that Sugru but if anyone wants to 3D print these things I'll buy a couple. I wouldn't use electrical tape either because it leaves behind a lot of residue especially when hot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo