Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Time to Deep Cycle

Reaction score
Gents, its that time for me to do some battery maint before heading out on a couple of weeks of work. I have read so many different way to cycle the batteries yet these all cross different fw versions. Can some one point me to the most current best method for doing this deep cycle / calibration process?

Thanks

Craig

Gents, its that time for me to do some battery maint before heading out on a couple of weeks of work. I have read so many different way to cycle the batteries yet these all cross different fw versions. Can some one point me to the most current best method for doing this deep cycle / calibration process?

Thanks

Craig
Same as its always been - never changed.
Charge battery to 100%. Fly it until it is at 3.3v per cell OR battery cuts out(whichever is sooner).
Charge back up either to storage charge or full charge again.
Job done.

Charge battery to 100%. Fly it until it is at 3.3v per cell OR battery cuts out(whichever is sooner).
Job done.

Thank you, brain seems to be spinning right now with the what seems to be daily updates.

Job done.
Okay.... Done.. after fully recharged, is there a recommended way to see if everything went ok, and the battery is safe to put back in the line up?

Considering taking the plunge on this smarpowercharge unit... any negatives on this item besides price?? when you go to charge 8 batteries and 2 RC's, looks like this would really save time and steps!

Saw a report here that the thing about "firmware upgradable" wasn't realistic because the usb-ports are not attached to anything what you could upgrade... and as far as i know there was never a release of a new firmware. Well, another question is if a firmware upgrade of the SPC4500 is needed at all.

If the budget is not an issue, go for it. Plan B could be to have 2 or 3 DJI chargers..

Saw a report here that the thing about "firmware upgradable" wasn't realistic because the usb-ports are not attached to anything what you could upgrade... and as far as i know there was never a release of a new firmware. Well, another question is if a firmware upgrade of the SPC4500 is needed at all.

If the budget is not an issue, go for it. Plan B could be to have 2 or 3 DJI chargers..

thanks! The deep cycle option is also a time saver versus having to fly/hover till you hit the required % level.. appreciate the input!

Reactions: Craig Thompson
thanks! The deep cycle option is also a time saver versus having to fly/hover till you hit the required % level.. appreciate the input!
I own a SPC4500 and it's well worth the money. This is a true independent parallel charger while the DJI hub is still just sequential charging. The only time I use my old DJI brick charger is when I'm traveling for personal reasons since a single brick is much smaller.

what is deep cycle , i have one off these multibank things , both remotes, 2 usb and 4 batts .

It's definitely upgradeable. I'm beta testing new FW now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shefy