Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Too late to purchase an Inspire 2?

Reaction score
So I’m going all in starting a drone business.
I have a Mavic Pro at the moment but feel like it will limit the range of work I could perform.

I’m considering purchasing an Inspire 2 with an X5S camera, 15 and 45mm lenses and four extra batteries. (Should DJI care refresh be on this list?)

There are a couple of issues holding me back from making the purchase.

1. The age of the inspire 2 - I’m reluctant to spend that kind of money on a piece of kit that could soon be old tech.
2. The forum suggests the Inspire 2 has reliability and quality issues. Is this generally true?

Is now a bad time to invest in the Inspire 2?

Consider that they still sell the Inspire 1...I don’t think there’s going to be anything revolutionary in the Inspire 3. The X5S and X7 are pretty stout cameras.

Reactions: CGFrith
I would not hesitate to buy the inspired 2. Don’t go buy everything you read. If I went off of everything I’ve read I never would have purchased the Mavic pro or the inspire. I can honestly say I have never had a problem with either one even firmware updates. 90% of the time it’s always pilot error.

It doesn't matter what tech it is, it will alway be outdated.

I own the I2 from Dec 2017 and its a great machine with fanastic stabilty and reliability, the recent FW updates have made it even better, the trouble with forums is they can portray negative angles and not so much positive news also some members with little or no experience of not setting it up correctly especially if its for personal use.

I would say if you have plenty work then go for it and then replace it when that time comes.

I have just ordered the Mavic 2 being a small compact drone to be kept in the car and deployed at short notice for TV news.

Reactions: CGFrith
Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Any thoughts on DJI care refresh?

Any more thoughts / advice would be greatly appreciated.

I personally don’t deal with the refresh program. I have State Farm insurance much better.

As with all tech, things move fast and as mentioned above in this thread, airframes such as the Inspire 1 (released in Nov 2014) still remain very popular and are being purchased by individuals and business everyday, particular those looking for an affordable airframe that allows entry into thermal imaging.

The Inspire 2 is quite a ways being classified as old tech and remains the most sought after platform for professional and commercial use.

A new airframe in the Inspire series is inevitable and will release at some point, as will a Mavic 3, Mavic 4, Phantom 5, Phantom 6, etc. You get the point :) While some users are very fast to flock to and adopt new DJI technology, others make due with their existing equipment for longer periods of time so they can then adopt the next version once it's been vetted. DJI releases can sometimes be a bit rough on the edges and software takes time to work the bugs out and early adopters are sometimes the ones that end up doing so.

While a majority of Inspire 2 owners opt for UAV insurance policies, we still see many people choose Care Refresh given that replacement fees are set and structured and the program is well established with success. Needless to say, it is also usually faster than having to claim and waiting for a claim check to replace your aircraft. We also see some people double up so that with more minor incidents they can choose Care Refresh replacement rather than filing an insurance claim and risking rising insurance premiums and deductibles.

Our team is happy to help with any further questions you may have. We are always here to help! Best of luck in your venture into the Inspire series and safe flying!

Reactions: Hotshots
Thanks for all of the comments guys.

I’m based in the UK so US sellers are out unfortunately.

From what I’ve managed to gather, the UK industry isn’t quite as flooded as it is in the US. Correct me if I’m wrong UK folks.

Hi there,

The MToW of the Inspire v2 is recently changed by DJI to > 4Kg, mind you.
Depending on the country you want to operate it, this has serious consequences regarding the required certification!

But otherwise it is a nice piece of kit.

Regards,
Just curious I wonder why they would change the m t o w?

Thanks for all of the comments guys.

I’m based in the UK so US sellers are out unfortunately.

From what I’ve managed to gather, the UK industry isn’t quite as flooded as it is in the US. Correct me if I’m wrong UK folks.

The number of UK PfCO holders has gone from under 1,000 around three years ago to over 4,500 now, without any matching increase in the demand.

Add to this the massive increase in drone ownership during the same period, by people willing to operate without a PfCO, and I think I would have to say that you are indeed wrong. .... [emoji19]

Say

The number of UK PfCO holders has gone from under 1,000 around three years ago to over 4,500 now, without any matching increase in the demand.

Add to this the massive increase in drone ownership during the same period, by people willing to operate without a PfCO, and I think I would have to say that you are indeed wrong. .... [emoji19]

Word

Plenty of people have weighed in but I'll just say that my Inspire 2 from February 2017 has been flawless and has a lot of hours on it. I would not consider it "old tech" by any means. Between it and my Mavic Platinum, I have two very capable professional quality choices for my work.

Don't let users who say that the market is oversaturated dissuade you from your dream. If you are creative and dedicated you will find a way to carve out a piece of the business for yourself. Go for it and be relentless in your marketing and creativity and you'll do well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu