Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

unwanted panning in car any ideas

Discussion in 'Osmo (Handheld Gimbal)' started by azzgrip, Jul 31, 2016.

1. azzgrip

hi all
    hoping to get some help on an issue I have with my Osmo with an x5 or x3
    I have the vehicle mount and when it is attached on the inside widow of the car, while I am driving around a corner the osmo pans of slightly then doesn't reframe correctly. Is this because of the smooth track ?and is there a way to turn this off so that the image will hold in the same direction while the car is turning. have tested a lot of different settings but no luck.Am I missing some thing here or are there some settings I need to put in.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks
    Aron

2. Ed Araquel

Hitting the trigger 3 times is supposed to lock the direction of the camera so that no matter where you point the osmo, the camera will maintain its direction.

3. azzgrip

Hitting the revved 3 times goes to selfie mode
    I need to line up a frame and for the camera to remain in the orientation of the handle so when the car turns the frame does not move
    At the moment it seems smooth track thinks handle is panning and compensates for movement thus moving the frame even with zero deadband in settings
    What can do ??

4. Ed Araquel

5. azzgrip

Yeah Ed I have read the manual start to finish and this is the opposite I don't want lock because that locks it to the current bearing so car turns and Osmo turns :)
    with the lock off, If you hold the osmo in your hand sitting on a swivel chair your arms outstretched in front of you with the camera pointing at you as you turn, the camera momentarily pans the direction you turn then reframes, turn the other way and the camera does the same
    I am trying to eliminate the small camera pan so the camera will remain locked on the frame not the current bearing
    I hope this can be achieved maybe in settings or else a later firmware update
    Aron

6. mrjuicebox

Any luck on this?