Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Using DJI Focus with Inspire 2

I just measured it and got closer to 40 degrees from close up to infinity. It works beautifully, very nice smooth focus. Since it is tough enough to use
while flying (as a single operator) I am fine with the way it is set up now. That said, I doubt if I will use it much, 99% of what I shoot is at infinity.

I finally got out with a Handwheel on my own I2 yesterday now that the mounting stands finally came in, prior I hadn't had a whole lot of personal experience with the Handwheel on I2, mainly Osmo. I was just playing around with a 45mm and can't agree more with how smooth it performs.

Mike

X5S Details Page.png
I've just received both and still working out the kinks. The wireless ff system has focus, iris, and zoom. (I haven't tested the zoom yet). I tried to get it linked via the 5.8 wireless attachment and have had no luck. The sequence for pairing was crazy a sequence of buttons and beeps - never got it to work. Times short and the cable was long. Worked fine. Anyone know how to pair it?

The hand wheel seems to work fine but the attachement didn't come as a package (slightly grayed out on website) and wheel seems like it would add more weight to controller. We've been carry around wireless ff on a lanyard if not actively focusing using cable.

Swindy, were you ever able to connect the DJI focus wirelessly? According to the webpage for the X5S (see attached image), you should be able to connect the DJI Focus to the Inspire 2 wirelessly, however I can't seem to find any other info on this. I even called DJI directly and they had no clue. They just read me the old user manual stating that it works with Inspire 1. However, they did say it's compatible with all lightbridge 2 devices (which is the Inspire 2). So they were pretty counterintuitive. I would love to hear from someone who has the 5.8ghz Wireless Expansion Module, and if they have had any success pairing it with the Inspire 2.

Reactions: PeterFranken
Hi guys, has anyone got the older Focus wheel (larger unit) to work wirelessly with I2? We need camera control in a studio and don’t want another inspire remote in there, just the focus controller.
Again information very limited online.

Is it just wired connection available or is wireless also possible with the 5ghz module?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArleneOce4