Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Using my aftermarket charger for inspire

Reaction score
I have a skyrc Imax b6ac v2 charger i use for all my generic lipo batteries. I found an adapter for inspire batteries and decided to order it . Has anybody used their aftermarket charger on there inspire batteries? I figured it would be better than the stock crappy charger they supply. I can discharge, adjust amps and see the true voltage per cell. Im concerned it might interfere with the automatic charge shutoff built into the battery, since the charger will shutoff when it senses all the cells are full. Thanks

Yes, after market chargers are fine, all the smarts are internal to the DJI batteries. I set my aftermarket charger to the same specs as the DJI 180w rapid charger values of 26.3vdc @ 6.9amps. Due to the smart DJI battery, it will only use 2-4 amps of available current then shut off when cells are maxed at 4.3vdc per cell or 26.3vdc. Still faster than the stock Inspire charger. Also the Imax discharge function works well, it's very slow, but stops at the recommended storage level of 3.7vdc per cell or 22.2vdc for the 6 cell Inspire batteries.

Reactions: cdizzle666
Yes, after market chargers are fine, all the smarts are internal to the DJI batteries. I set my aftermarket charger to the same specs as the DJI 180w rapid charger values of 26.3vdc @ 6.9amps. Due to the smart DJI battery, it will only use 2-4 amps of available current then shut off when cells are maxed at 4.3vdc per cell or 26.3vdc. Still faster than the stock Inspire charger. Also the Imax discharge function works well, it's very slow, but stops at the recommended storage level of 3.7vdc per cell or 22.2vdc for the 6 cell Inspire batteries.
Thanks for the response. I've noticed the same thing when discharging, it takes some time.

Reactions: markver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ste9