Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

video lag

Reaction score
I bought a used Inspire 1 on here. Owner said he used crystalsky but I'm using IOS. He said he flew it successfully with latest firmware just a week earlier.

The video between the bird and screen lags about 2-3 seconds.

Things I've tried:
lowering the video transmission rate
changing to manual channels and tried various channels
tried ipad mini 4, ipad air, and even went out and bought the latest ipad pro (with A10 processor)
tried different cables and of course official apple cable.

I have no problem flying my Mavic, P3P or P3A around here. In fact, I can fly my Mavic about 3 miles out no problem. I'm lucky to get 2000 feet with this Inspire.

Need some help, please?

without a BVLOS waiver 2000 ft is further than you are supposed to be flying anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Do you have actual advice or are you just going to criticize my eyesight?

The video lags at 50 feet as well. and you don't need a waiver if you're flying as a hobbyist so it is an issue anyway.

wow, in what way was I criticizing your eyesight? The way your post was worded made it seem like your lagging was when you start getting near 2000 ft or so. I simply stated that it shouldn't be a problem unless you have a waiver to fly further than that which you must have since you're flying your other drones 3 miles away.

You didn't say that you had the issue at 50 ft.

You can't see your Inspire past 2000 feet? I'm old and don't have the best eyesight but can still maintain LOS past 2000 feet with this big bird. and once again, I don't need any kind of waiver if I'm flying as a hobby so I"m not even sure why you brought it up. Do other people have this problem at 50 or even 2000 feet for that matter. None of my other drones lag at 50, 2000, or 15,000 feet.

LOS doesn't mean you can see a dot in the sky, it means you must be able to see it clearly and be able to determine which way it is headed so in case of a Lost Link event, you can safely fly it, UNDER FULL CONTROL, and land. And this is one of those rules that applies to hobby as well as commercial. So, yes, you do need a waiver. But if you don't think you do, don't worry about it.

And I originally brought it up only because your original post sounded like you only got the problem out around 2000'. So I brought it up letting you know that [that being the case] it shouldn't matter if you loose your feed past 2000'. You've since cleared that up and let us know that you still have the issue close up...

LOS doesn't mean you can see a dot in the sky, it means you must be able to see it clearly and be able to determine which way it is headed so in case of a Lost Link event, you can safely fly it, UNDER FULL CONTROL, and land. And this is one of those rules that applies to hobby as well as commercial. So, yes, you do need a waiver. But if you don't think you do, don't worry about it.

And I originally brought it up only because your original post sounded like you only got the problem out around 2000'. So I brought it up letting you know that [that being the case] it shouldn't matter if you loose your feed past 2000'. You've since cleared that up and let us know that you still have the issue close up...

FWIW just to clarify some terminology to avoid confusion. “Lost link” means you have no control (RSS lost) of your RC Link hence no way to control your sUA.
Additionally ... the definition for the term VLOS varys from country to country. In the US the FAA stopped short of defining VLOS (AC107-2) as anything other than simply “being able” to see the sUA at all times.

Just trying to keep the “word” from being watered down .. that’s all.

If your Inspire already has several hours of flights I advise you to clean the contact of the camera and also the wires that connect the plate to the drone.

I need to do this often so I do not have any more lags in the video. I have the drone since 2015 and I do a lot of work on dusty works.

Another tip is to not leave the channel choice in the "auto". Normally 17 is good but when it is failing I look for another channel.

If your Inspire already has several hours of flights I advise you to clean the contact of the camera and also the wires that connect the plate to the drone.

I need to do this often so I do not have any more lags in the video. I have the drone since 2015 and I do a lot of work on dusty works.

Another tip is to not leave the channel choice in the "auto". Normally 17 is good but when it is failing I look for another channel.
Finally someone with actual advice! Thank you Djalma! appreciate the advice. I will try those things.

LOS doesn't mean you can see a dot in the sky, it means you must be able to see it clearly and be able to determine which way it is headed so in case of a Lost Link event, you can safely fly it, UNDER FULL CONTROL, and land.

There are pilots who know how to "fly the speck" under "full control"... glider pilots especially. I know how to do it. I'm completely comfortable with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee