Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

WARNING TO ALL

Reaction score
hi all recently purchased a number of items off a company called uk-drone2016 eBay user name I've spent £3200 with this company
They have come up with every excuse in the book why goods haven't arrived ,they've even given me false dhl tracking numbers
I've now had to raise a case with PayPal hopefully will get my money returned
It's just a warning please be careful these are not trustworthy be warned

Cheers pete

Reactions: UAV Man
hi all recently purchased a number of items off a company called uk-drone2016 eBay user name I've spent £3200 with this company
They have come up with every excuse in the book why goods haven't arrived ,they've even given me false dhl tracking numbers
I've now had to raise a case with PayPal hopefully will get my money returned
It's just a warning please be careful these are not trustworthy be warned

Cheers pete
OK, I don't want to rub salt in the wounds and I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I'm not sure I would have laid down £3.2k to a Chinese seller with only 700 transactions and just 98% positive feedback.
Taking a look at both the negative and the neutral comments ought to be enough to set the alarm bells ringing.
Lesson learnt - thanks for posting to warn others.
I hope you get your money back.

I can confirm that everyone needs to avoid this guy. I bought a HeadPlay (actually the SkyZone knock off) and it arrived fairly quickly. But the unit had some problems. I emailed uk-drone2016 repeatedly and he kept responding with a cut and paste email. "everything is alright my friend. We will check with technisians (sic)". I must have emailed him about ten times before I went to PayPal and left negative feedback, only then did he send me his address to return the unit. While I think 98% positive feedback on 700 transactions is "okay", this guy should be avoided.

Hi mark the negative feedback wasn't that bad when I purchased the majority have popped up in the last 2 weeks
But I agree with hindsight I was just pointing this out to anyone else on the forum
Hey nudibranches did you get your funds back ???

Hi Pete, I've only just opened up the dispute. So it might take a while. But my understanding is if you've paid via paypal and you haven't received the goods, or the goods are defective, then you should be covered.

In my case it was "only" $250, not that I am happy about losing this amount, hence opening up the dispute. And I did received the goods, albeit defective. Out of interest what did you order? Sounds like it must have been a lot of kit?

It might be worth remembering that DJI often send out drones and spare parts to companies outside of China before sending them to 'home-based' companies. DJI is also rather slow sending parts to the USA, I had to wait two months for a couple of TB48 batteries. And its no better in the UK. Clearly DJI cannot keep up with demand!!

I will add something here, I have been using Ebay since 1999 or 2000 so I consider myself to be reasonably savvy with it. I have bought and sold many items, had accounts closed by ebay for various reasons over the years and have learnt a lot of the tricks.

When looking at feedback, there is more to bear in mind than just the percentage and number of items sold. I have seen countless sellers over the years who sell cheap items in order to boost their feedback rating, then they begin to sell expensive items, which dont turn up.......... this is an age old trick.

If you look at this sellers feedback, most of the positive is sub 10$ gear, he has succesfully sold many cheap items, most of the negative feedback is on expesnive gear.
This is the sort of seller that you shouldnt touch with a ten foot bargepole.

I have never had any issues with ebay. Just do your homework and avoid scammers.
Every now and then my 1$ arduinos get lost in the post, but even those get refunded instantly by a decent seller who values his feedback rating.

Shop safely people.

Success full refund on its way thanks to PayPal
Seller didn't even reply to PayPal's request says it all
Just keep an eye out for this company and avoid like the plague

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen