Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Weak video signal and blank screen!

Reaction score
Getting tired of this. I have to pretty well land because I can't see what I am shooting.
Why is this continually happening?
I alternate between Custom and Auto on the HD settings but doesn't make any difference.
Thanks DJI for putting a piece of crap out there.
Fix it NOW!

I have just started getting similar issues. Everything is fine when I'm in the air and then when I press the record button on the App i get weak or no transmission signal and a blank screen with RTH kicking in. I stop the recording and it all comes back

I have just started getting similar issues. Everything is fine when I'm in the air and then when I press the record button on the App i get weak or no transmission signal and a blank screen with RTH kicking in. I stop the recording and it all comes back

Are you on Android or iOS? Which device? Video cache is switched off?

Chris

I'm on IOS, iPad pro 9.7" but not sure if video cache is switched on or off until I get home but I'm sure its switched on

Getting tired of this. I have to pretty well land because I can't see what I am shooting.
Why is this continually happening?
I alternate between Custom and Auto on the HD settings but doesn't make any difference.
Thanks DJI for putting a piece of crap out there.
Fix it NOW!
The one thing I did discover is that, although the notice for RTH comes on and asking if you want to RTH or cancel, just ignoring it does NOT bring it to the RTH mode. The annoying pop up stays there covering most of the screen until you select cancel or RTH. So just to wrap, if you do nothing, it WON'T RTH, thankfully.
What a pain in the derriere though this screen popping up.
DJI, please fix this weak signal no video issue NOW.
At least it doesn't affect control of the Inspire. We can still fly and bring it home manually.

... Really?? ...weak signals / transmission seem to plague both my Inspire Pro and Phantom 4!
Could Wi-Fi receivers, Radio Masts, Electric Fence monitors, etc, at 2.4gHz, affect the signals from a distance of >400m?
Also... so how far should 2 Pilots operate from each other to prevents 'mixed signals'?
Tight flying and a drop in transmission is the easiest way to trash a UAV!
Sufficient Pilots reporting this problem should prompt DJI to respond forthwith.
Until then... no tight flying or stop until FPV is available....Really??

2.8.2 app did this to me. I rolled it back to 2.8.1 and its back as normal now. I could care less about FB live right now. My inspire and p4's were grounded until i rolled it back.

I upgraded the RC firmware (v1.7.40) on my Master RC at the weekend and then went to connect with my Slave RC - No JOY. I finally managed to get my SLAVE RC to connect back up again only by Disconnecting the link between MASTER RC and Inspire - syncing my SLAVE RC as the MASTER to the Inspire - then updating the firmware on the SLAVE RC (now my new MASTER) then Disconnecting the updated SLAVE Master from the Inspire and then re syncing my original MASTER RC back to the Inspire and then my original now updated (v1.7.40) SLAVE back as a SLAVE. Now all works fine. However what i find now that with the updated DJI GO App version 3.0.0 - the video link to my inspire is terrible - where as i could fly over 2km out without signal loss i now have issues with weak transmission signal and frequent cut outs even at 5-10m!! So far i have resisted to upgrade the bird and the camera to the latest 1.9.0.00 versions and kept them on version 1.8.1.00+ and 1.8.1.40 respectively. Anyone have any other recommendations or ideas so i can get back to my perfect video signal transmission?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo