Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Which do you prefer: NITS or SCREEN SIZE?

Reaction score
Website
www.proskymedia.com
Hi all!

I do not yet own an Inspire 2. Almost did, but a job fell through.

When I invest in my business I invest for the future on things that don't have fast update cycles.

I currently use the 12.9" iPad pro. I purchased a very clean, almost OEM attachment so that it fits in the mounting holder on the DJI controller. The extra screen space is unprecedented. I'm not squinting or protruding my head to see anything like I was on the iPad mini a year ago.

I figure this will be beneficial when viewing the pilot's view from the FPV camera on the Inspire 2 in the future. Any thoughts?

Would you give up the larger real estate to have a brighter screen?

***For those that haven't used the large iPad pro, it really does change things. Other pilots have seen me work on the ipad pro commenting on how stellar it is to have that screen real estate, almost like the large monitors in the cockpit of a manned aircraft.

Hi all!

I do not yet own an Inspire 2. Almost did, but a job fell through.

When I invest in my business I invest for the future on things that don't have fast update cycles.

I currently use the 12.9" iPad pro. I purchased a very clean, almost OEM attachment so that it fits in the mounting holder on the DJI controller. The extra screen space is unprecedented. I'm not squinting or protruding my head to see anything like I was on the iPad mini a year ago.

I figure this will be beneficial when viewing the pilot's view from the FPV camera on the Inspire 2 in the future. Any thoughts?

Would you give up the larger real estate to have a brighter screen?

***For those that haven't used the large iPad pro, it really does change things. Other pilots have seen me work on the ipad pro commenting on how stellar it is to have that screen real estate, almost like the large monitors in the cockpit of a manned aircraft.
iPad technology works almost flawlessly when employed in DJI environment. Unfortunately these devices are NOT designed to work outdoor in bright sunny day. That's why professional photographers and film makers invest in Atomos monitors and that's why DJI developed their own clone for drones. No sunshade, no hood, no goggles can provide this level of comfort and safety when monitoring camera view in scorching summer afternoon.

Reactions: slim.slamma
iPad technology works almost flawlessly when employed in DJI environment. Unfortunately these devices are NOT designed to work outdoor in bright sunny day. That's why professional photographers and film makers invest in Atomos monitors and that's why DJI developed their own clone for drones. No sunshade, no hood, no goggles can provide this level of comfort and safety when monitoring camera view in scorching summer afternoon.

I agree no sunshade for me! This system works well, the 5.5 inch Crystalsky at 1000 nits and the Atomos Ninja Inferno at 1500 nits.

IMG_1446 copy.JPG

Reactions: slim.slamma and MGS
I agree no sunshade for me! This system works well, the 5.5 inch Crystalsky at 1000 nits and the Atomos Ninja Inferno at 1500 nits.

View attachment 16949
Yay, this is cool! Enlight me: why do you need Atomos than? Left unit is for camera dude, right one for pilot, I guess ... Back muscles must hurt next morning :D...

Yay, this is cool! Enlight me: why do you need Atomos than? Left unit is for camera dude, right one for pilot, I guess ... Back muscles must hurt next morning :D...

I like the unobstructed bright view of the Atomos for framing, I can also use all the features it has. Multiple modes of focus peaking, waveforms, zoom in the view etc. I can also record 1080 out of the Inspire remote if needed. Using the secraft harness I have no issues carrying it. The small Crystalsky is just for the pilot controls and app. I can also set the crystal sky as the FPV view and use the atomos for camera view. Just another tool to have.

I like the unobstructed bright view of the Atomos for framing, I can also use all the features it has. Multiple modes of focus peaking, waveforms, zoom in the view etc. I can also record 1080 out of the Inspire remote if needed. Using the secraft harness I have no issues carrying it. The small Crystalsky is just for the pilot controls and app. I can also set the crystal sky as the FPV view and use the atomos for camera view. Just another tool to have.
So, Atomos is taking HDMI output from RC, right? Indeed you can monitor framing and focus much better with this setup. Nice ...

So, Atomos is taking HDMI output from RC, right? Indeed you can monitor framing and focus much better with this setup. Nice ...

Yes the Atoms Ninja Inferno will take what ever the output is from the Inspire RC, I think the max is 1080 at 60 FPS. It also serves a second function as a monitor for my GH5 and will record 4K @ 60 FPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mayapatil281995