Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Whoa! Headplay

I'm pretty sure you can but a Fatshark charger that would work here or something similar for less than $20 USD. Also there are some guys on other headplay forums that would probably swap your second battery with you for their charger. I may actually do that too because I have a couple other LiPos that work with the head plays. I just want a charger I can throw in my luggage to travel across country or globe. I have enough gear as it is without the bulky Hyperion charger and Power Supply! But i will use the Hyperion to balance charge when at home for sure.

Anyways, I got two flights in after work before I had to tend to the real world, and here are my thoughts:

Overall, awesome display for the price. Very comfortable and I'm very happy with these dorky things! A few minor gripes just to be nitpicky:

- The foam part of the nose made it hard to see the Distance from home and the Azimuth angle on the OSD. I used the thicker foam pads it came with. Maybe the thinner would make it a little easier to see?

- The foam did make my face a little sweaty, but I didn't notice until I took the HPs off since I was so engrossed in the picture. But hey, I live in South Florida so it's to be expected!

- The HDMI mini male was a little hard to get lined up into the female portion. Its not flush with any side so I had to finagle it a little bit.

All minor complaints, overall I'm super stoked with the purchase. I'll be testing it with friends quads using the built in 5.8gHz RX.

From one South Floridian to another, thanks!

I can't tell what kind of connector it has, you want a 2.1mm center positive barrel plug. Also, the supplied batteries are 1000mAh and that looks like it goes from 700 to 1200 mAh, although it says manual settings so I'm not sure.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I ordered a micro hdmi cord and I saw this charger and thought I'd give it a shot..
Anyone know if it will work??
View attachment 2333
I'm sure it will work with the correct barrel connecter. I am a fan of balance charging which it doesn't look like it does. Not to sure I like the idea of using jumpers to set charging rates either but for $15 it's not a big loss if it doesn't do what you want.
It looks like you will have to charge the battery at either .7a or 1.2amp instead of the 1c rating of 1amp for your 1000mah battery. Just keep an eye on the pack to make sure you not overcharging 1 cell if they get out of balance.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Letting some of the guys try the headplays this morning with 250 racing quads. I wish I woulda recorded more reactions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sirnikolas
I found Mr on the couch where the Headplays were so I picked them up for him to have a better look.
And no they weren't on and I just held them up and didn't force him to stick his head in. He was free to run off at anytime.
View attachment 2341
I think Mr thought you bought him a new kitty litter box..:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure you can buy a Fatshark charger that would work here or something similar for less than $20 USD. Also there are some guys on other headplay forums that would probably swap your second battery with you for their charger. I may actually do that too because I have a couple other LiPos that work with the head plays. I just want a charger I can throw in my luggage to travel across country or globe. I have enough gear as it is without the bulky Hyperion charger and Power Supply! But i will use the Hyperion to balance charge when at home for sure.

Anyways, I got two flights in after work before I had to tend to the real world, and here are my thoughts:

Overall, awesome display for the price. Very comfortable and I'm very happy with these dorky things! A few minor gripes just to be nitpicky:

- The foam part of the nose made it hard to see the Distance from home and the Azimuth angle on the OSD. I used the thicker foam pads it came with. Maybe the thinner would make it a little easier to see?

- The foam did make my face a little sweaty, but I didn't notice until I took the HPs off since I was so engrossed in the picture. But hey, I live in South Florida so it's to be expected!

- The HDMI micro male was a little hard to get lined up into the female portion. Its not flush with any side so I had to finagle it a little bit. Edit: I used a low profile HDMI micro to plug into the HP side and the HDMI to an HDMI micro adaptor to plus into TX side.

All minor complaints, overall I'm super stoked with the purchase. I'll be testing it tomorrow with friends' quads using the built in 5.8gHz RX.View attachment 2327View attachment 2328View attachment 2329
Great pix Dusty. The shot of the HDMI-in is what I needed to see, but,. hey, isn't the interface a HDMI type C (mini)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mindmingles_