Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Will Crystal Sky monitor run third party apps.

Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience of the Crystal Sky and whether you can use third party apps such as Map Pilot etc or will it only run Go and Ground Station Pro from DJI?

Is this solution better than iPad?

Has anyone got any experience of the Crystal Sky and whether you can use third party apps such as Map Pilot etc or will it only run Go and Ground Station Pro from DJI?

Is this solution better than iPad?
We do not know the answer to this yet since nobody has got their hands on one.
Will depend whether it runs pure Android (unlikely) or a skinned/locked down version (more probable).

We do not know the answer to this yet since nobody has got their hands on one.
Will depend whether it runs pure Android (unlikely) or a skinned/locked down version (more probable).

The P4P+ controller is a good proxy for CrystalSky at the moment and right now the answer there is 'no'.

The DJI SDK does not support the built in Android device at the moment. That may change or it may not ...

I've got the P4Pro Plus here now and I've been searching around inside the Android settings etc for awhile here ... there is no launcher or app drawer... home button defaults to the DJI GO 4 App ... I can get into "settings/apps/all apps" and see there are a bunch of apps already in there that I can't access ... there's android stock browser, Facebook, Screensavers Android Live Wallpapers and widgets, email exchange services, all the apps regarding cell network config, download/file manager etc... all normal vanilla android stuff but very stripped down... maybe 50 apps total compared to what we see in a normal tablet.

Device info:
Model - GL300E
vanilla android lollipop 5.1.1 with a security patch @2015-12-01
Kernel version 3.10.0 - gl300@djiand02-Rd #88

I was able to enable developer options with the old 10 click trick... so I can enable USB debugging and maybe get inside and force a launcher so I can free it up... BUT ... I'm stopping right there for now cuzz I need this for antenna testing at the moment.

Hope this helps

Reactions: The Editor
I've got the P4Pro Plus here now and I've been searching around inside the Android settings etc for awhile here ... there is no launcher or app drawer... home button defaults to the DJI GO 4 App ... I can get into "settings/apps/all apps" and see there are a bunch of apps already in there that I can't access ... there's android stock browser, Facebook, Screensavers Android Live Wallpapers and widgets, email exchange services, all the apps regarding cell network config, download/file manager etc... all normal vanilla android stuff but very stripped down... maybe 50 apps total compared to what we see in a normal tablet.

Device info:
Model - GL300E

I was able to enable developer options with the old 10 click trick... so I can enable USB debugging and maybe get inside and force a launcher so I can free it up... BUT ... I'm stopping right there for now cuzz I need this for antenna testing at the moment.

Hope this helps

Keep Us Posted!

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Device info:
Model - GL300E

Hope this helps
You should be able to adb sideload a third party launcher for example and from there you can sideload other apps and launch them using the launcher. At least that´s what I am thinking. Does the tablet have a home button or software home button?

Wondering if anyone has figured out how to load Android apps on the CrystalSky Monitors? I have the new 7" model and I can go into the browser and open the Google Play store and find the apps like Pix4D. But when I click the install button it says that I haven't authorized / Associated this device via the Play App. The Play App isn't on the apps screen. Only Browser. I would really like to be able to use this with mapping software instead of having to use my iPad for that and this for regular Filming jobs. Would be nice to use a dedicated device that supports both options.

Wondering if anyone has figured out how to load Android apps on the CrystalSky Monitors? I have the new 7" model and I can go into the browser and open the Google Play store and find the apps like Pix4D. But when I click the install button it says that I haven't authorized / Associated this device via the Play App. The Play App isn't on the apps screen. Only Browser. I would really like to be able to use this with mapping software instead of having to use my iPad for that and this for regular Filming jobs. Would be nice to use a dedicated device that supports both options.

As far as I know that would be a No. I would like to see the same thing as most of my flying time is mapping. I'll be keeping an iPad I can see

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour