Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X3 got wet today

Reaction score
I was too low and fell behind the action and wound up getting wave spray all over my i1, aircraft & camera/gimbal.
I dried it off asap, got it home and took a hair dryer to camera and gimbal, I was light with the hair dryer, kept it low and far away.
I powered the cam up on my osmo and this is what the image looks like.
I've now got the unit in a bowl of white rice, any idea if it will recover?
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 12.26.32 PM.png

Rice is actually worse for drying out electronic equipment (it's an old urban myth that it works) It's actually less effective than just allowing air drying to take place.

If it's had seawater over it and you haven't rinsed the sea water off then it has already started to corrode I'm afraid and it's only a matter of time until total failure.

Rice is actually worse for drying out electronic equipment (it's an old urban myth that it works) It's actually less effective than just allowing air drying to take place.

If it's had seawater over it and you haven't rinsed the sea water off then it has already started to corrode I'm afraid and it's only a matter of time until total failure.
Thank you for the response
I've taken it out of the rice, I didn't rinse the sea water off, it only had drops of it on the cam, but a couple of drops must've gotten inside.
I don't think I should rinse it off now?
I put it back on the osmo and the image is better, but not good.
When i switch to stills, it seems to clear up and take good picture, but switching back to video, makes it go red and develop vertical lines on screen.

Thank you for the response
I've taken it out of the rice, I didn't rinse the sea water off, it only had drops of it on the cam, but a couple of drops must've gotten inside.
I don't think I should rinse it off now?
I put it back on the osmo and the image is better, but not good.
When i switch to stills, it seems to clear up and take good picture, but switching back to video, makes it go red and develop vertical lines on screen.
I hate to say it but...... I don't think it will recover fully.
Sea water is incredibly corrosive.
Even if it seems to improve it wouldn't surprise me if it fails soon afterwards.
You can wait it out and monitor what happens but long range forecast won't be good I'm afraid. :(

Looks like a good excuse to update. I'll have to remember that to help convince the accountant.

Sorry to hear though. Seawater is not a friendly liquid for small electronics such as our gimbals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74