Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S Gimbal shake on start up with video

Reaction score
I searched but can not find. I received my Inspire 2 last night so that means I have a day to decide on DJI Refresh Care. Can someone watch this video and give me ideas on what to do. I calibrated IMU and Gimbal last night and the shake happens every time. I have flown twice and all works fine. It may be simple. I own an I1P and a P4P and never saw this.

Thanks

Dropbox - inspire 2 gimbal 2.mov

Last edited:
I had this issue. A firmware refresh fixed it. You should also try reseating the gimbal to the craft.

I have tried that a few times now plus factory reset.. I will keep trying. I wish I knew if it was the camera or the Inspire.

Thanks for your help

I am starting to have my doubts with this drone or myself. I just had to do a hand catch today because the gear would not come down. it was about 30F outside and I came from a warm house. It seems fine now but I will hold off on flying in the cold until I know. I will post if I get it to work

Thanks

Go with the refresh I did it covers everything but theft for your 4-5 grand investment

Read through everything you have it in auto landing there's now different settings then the I1

I know. I disabled all I could remember as the battery was running down. The gear would stop about 1-2 inches from the top and would only go back up. I just grabbed it right behind the camera. I just had a hard time cutting the motors as I was alone. All I could think of is how much stronger the props are now compared to the I1. I did just buy the refresh. Thanks guys

Reactions: Ftolino
There is a way to unstick the auto landing. It's a known issue it sounds like.

To fix, fly up about 50 feet, and initiate an auto landing. When it starts to auto land, switch to A mode then back to P. You should then be able to flip the gear up/down.

Yeah these newer props won't show no mercy. I know what you mean I've caught my I1 by myself a couple times. Grab an hold tight

Watch the props, even with motors off - I'd just landed the I2 on a windy day and was about to pack it away. Picked it up, turned towards the wind with it in my hand and the wind caught the props, spun some of them and one caught me on the knuckle - just a little rap, half a rev at most but still moving hard enough to give a clean & bloody cut all the same. Wouldn't want the props to get me while they're powered up!

Watch the props, even with motors off - I'd just landed the I2 on a windy day and was about to pack it away. Picked it up, turned towards the wind with it in my hand and the wind caught the props, spun some of them and one caught me on the knuckle - just a little rap, half a rev at most but still moving hard enough to give a clean & bloody cut all the same. Wouldn't want the props to get me while they're powered up!

lol......never thought of that......thanks for the heads up

OK
I have a couple customers with Gimbal related issues on both X4 and X5S. Factory reset resolved some of the more minor issues but one I2 needed sent back and is still at DJI.

I have reset and refreshed it many times and no go.
I will find out in a week or so. Chinese new year. That is why I baught it before the end of winter. I may just have to hold off on selling my Inspire 1 pro.

Thanks

I am starting to have my doubts with this drone or myself. I just had to do a hand catch today because the gear would not come down. it was about 30F outside and I came from a warm house. It seems fine now but I will hold off on flying in the cold until I know. I will post if I get it to work

Thanks

As F3Honda4Me mentioned it is a known issue with a reasonably easy workaround until DJI puts out a firmware fix... Here is the link to the thread... Issues - Landing Gear

I did try the auto land and the gear would not come down and I had to cancel the landing right before the camera hit the ground. Mine is not like the others. The Gear went up fine then when I cam into land with auto I noticed the gear had not come down and stopped it. The gear would come down manually but only an inch or 2. Not even travel mode. I did fly today with no problems so I have no idea. Thanks

I too have this
X4S Gimbal shake on start up with video:(.........
I tried refresh and factory reset too.......no change / fix

X4s violent gimbal shake on start up here. Numerous resets/firmware refreshes tried with no results. It seems to work fine after the harlem shake calibration process, but that cant be good for the motors long term.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luffdozen7869