Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 footage in pop video with Canon 1DC

Reaction score
I mentioned a while back about filming a pop video in London with the x5

The end result was released yesterday and the drone stuff is in 2nd half. All the other footage was shot on a canon 1DC.

I think the footage blends well, and the quality from the x5 was stunning. I will post Raw footage from the drone later as they missed one or two of the best shots...!

Breathe - Ronan Keating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: berns
I mentioned a while back about filming a pop video in London with the x5

The end result was released yesterday and the drone stuff is in 2nd half. All the other footage was shot on a canon 1DC.

I think the footage blends well, and the quality from the x5 was stunning. I will post Raw footage from the drone later as they missed one or two of the best shots...!

Breathe - Ronan Keating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We don't have permission to stream this video to your location. Link's no working in the USA

Actually no
I'll check for it another way

Ok
Have a look at this
This is the best rushes from the evening part of the shoot - it's not synced or edited - just assembled and put to the track to give the director an idea of what there was... But even this footage looks quality.

Password tlw

Ok
Have a look at this
This is the best rushes from the evening part of the shoot - it's not synced or edited - just assembled and put to the track to give the director an idea of what there was... But even this footage looks quality.

Password tlw
its private

Pretty cool
Thanks for sharing let me know when i can see the whole video.
See how good you blended regardless i just like to see real work not just talk.
So Awesome brother!

Reactions: andrew259
From a professional UAV operator point of view. Since you were only flying a quad, was it difficult getting CAA approval for the shots directly over a public road? Any CAOSC/OSC? How long for submission to approval?

From a professional UAV operator point of view. Since you were only flying a quad, was it difficult getting CAA approval for the shots directly over a public road? Any CAOSC/OSC? How long for submission to approval?

Hi
We didn't ever fly over a public road - had a 20m certificated allowance and kept to that...
It looks closer but wasn't.
The Truman brewery is a large privately owned piece of land, and yes we had clearance and approval!!
Glad you asked about that.
:)
I work with a company that is about to be granted 10m allowance and is well know to CAA...
Hope that helps..

Hi
We didn't ever fly over a public road - had a 20m certificated allowance and kept to that...
It looks closer but wasn't.
The Truman brewery is a large privately owned piece of land, and yes we had clearance and approval!!
Glad you asked about that.
:)
I work with a company that is about to be granted 10m allowance and is well know to CAA...
Hope that helps..
Ahhh..OK, thanks Andrew. The guys over at Covent Garden (Ex RAF, you'll know who I mean ;)) have a blanket 10m approval but they ONLY run Hex's or above.
Its interesting that closer proximity approvals are filtering down now for quads. This is falling in line with less restrictions for sub 7kg aircraft being allowed in urban areas but only for PFAW operators. CAA have been dithering on this for ages but promised something for 2016.

Ahhh..OK. The guys over at Covent Garden (Ex RAF, you'll know who I mean ;)) have a blanket 10m approval but they ONLY run Hex's or above.
Its interesting that closer proximity approvals are filtering down now for quads. This is falling in line with less restrictions for sub 7kg aircraft being allowed in urban areas but only for PFAW operators. CAA have been dithering on this for ages but promised something for 2016.

Yes I do know who... !!

The last time we rung up for NATS for Victoria park in Hackney, they said if it was an Inspire to not worry!!

The company I work through are setting up a Gild for top level pilots with the CAAs approval - so that will be quite interesting...

I also gave a demo to all the London councils a few months ago to show the abilities of an inspire at the CAA and Film Londons request - so hopefully you'll not think me a cowboy operator!!

;)

Reactions: The Editor
Yes I do know who... !!

The last time we rung up for NATS for Victoria park in Hackney, they said if it was an Inspire to not worry!!

The company I work through are setting up a Gild for top level pilots with the CAAs approval - so that will be quite interesting...

I also gave a demo to all the London councils a few months ago to show the abilities of an inspire at the CAA and Film Londons request - so hopefully you'll not think me a cowboy operator!!

;)
No - no way do I think you are riding on your horse with your stetson on. :p
Its good to see things executed properly. I was just genuinely curious as to what hoops you had to go through as I know from first hand experience getting permission in the Capitol can be a PITA.

No - no way do I think you are riding on your horse with your stetson on. :p
Its good to see things executed properly. I was just genuinely curious as to what hoops you had to go through as I know from first hand experience getting permission in the Capitol can be a PITA.

indeed.... My involvement was completely subject to location approval - there were 2 other locations I turned down (even though the drone was not the primary camera), purely because of the restrictions of flight....

Glad you asked though - and glad I could answer!!

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc