Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 owners found this on YouTube!! Osmo X5 Adapter 3D Printed

The seller also admits its 'buggy' and kind of works and you also have to pull off the joystick button to get clearance for it to fit.
Can't see he will sell that many.

it's for the desperate people that can't wait lol I've seen people damaging the original just to make the x5 fit what is dji waiting for smh

Reactions: The Editor
Just so people reading this thread understand, the "buggy" nature of X5 on the Osmo isn't related to the adapter, it's just the firmware. Or lack of firmware. The interference with the joystick button is also not related the adapter. I sanded my Osmo down to get the X5 to fit and had the same interference with the joystick. I just sanded the joystick down so that I could still use it rather than pulling it off completely.

I personally wouldn't want to replace the metal collar with a plastic 3d printed collar and trust my X5 on it, but that's probably just being paranoid.

Reactions: djfrankwhitenyc
Just so people reading this thread understand, the "buggy" nature of X5 on the Osmo isn't related to the adapter, it's just the firmware. Or lack of firmware. The interference with the joystick button is also not related the adapter. I sanded my Osmo down to get the X5 to fit and had the same interference with the joystick. I just sanded the joystick down so that I could still use it rather than pulling it off completely.

I personally wouldn't want to replace the metal collar with a plastic 3d printed collar and trust my X5 on it, but that's probably just being paranoid.

I agree I honestly can't get what the heck is taking them so long must be a firmware issue no way the adapter isn't finished this long lol what did they sell 10 million osmo's that I don't know about :confused:

So it here it is working with the iffy 3d printed adapter:

However, lacking continuous autofocus, aperture control & the firmware updates don't work.. but you can see the potential... in 12 months when dji sort it all out ;)

Hello! OP posted my video . I don't think that there is such thing as continuous AF anyway on any X5 even on the Inspire 1. The 3D adapter has meant I could film a wedding and 3 parties with great results so far, so it depends how desperate you are to get them working :)

Hmm the 3D printed adapter I received wobbles so I would never use it for a paid job. The odd clip might be ok. Also I think there's firmware problems as even with BETA firmware I'm unable to get past 50% update... so maybe I need to borrow an X3 just to update my OSMO handle...

However with the BETA dji go app you do gain aperture control.. although it only works in manual.

The most annoying thing is as soon as you hit record the screen flips & your video feed is mirrored. I think they call this work in progress..

Reactions: djfrankwhitenyc

You have to remove the thumb control so its just reacting to where you point it. Or you can control it by dragging you finger around on the app screen.

All 4k & 1080p & 720p modes work except the 120fps mode. This is coming in the future though.
Manual mode is the only not buggy mode. With the latest iOS version of DJI Go App in manual you can control ISO, APERTURE, SHUTTER.
Focus is tap to focus. Its a little slow more so in low light.
My X5 in running the latest inspire pro firmware.
Osmo is factory firmware handle kit.
iOS DJI Go App is the latest public release.
No fancy panoramic or time-lapse modes work yet.

Low light footage is nuts though!

Last edited:
Thx guys i'm so pumped now cant wait to shoot with the X5. I love the inspire X3 but the Osmo X3 is horrible at night... thx guys nice videos quality is better its crazy.

Reactions: russkn87
Yeah its pretty awesome! Its stable & locks & you can easily change it back its just 4 screws.
I'm ordering some more OSMO batteries.. I'm off to Iraq on friday with the Inspire for a filming job. So plan to test the OSMO X5 out there. Can't wait to see the footage!

Reactions: Predator

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77