Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5S with Panasonic 42.5mm f1.7 lens, problems with RAW files in Lightroom?

Reaction score
I've read accounts of people having trouble with the RAW files from the older X5 (not X5s) when bringing the RAW files into Lightroom, apparently related to the camera not being able to record the proper profile, and Lightroom subsequently not reading the file (unclear wether the users were turning off automatic lens correction from my reading).

Others reported only being able to set the lens to f1.8, not f1.7 when mounted on the X5s, for what it's worth.

The workaround for the RAW file issue was to use different RAW editing software, but I'd prefer to keep a singular workflow based in Lightroom...

So, before I buy the 42.5mm f1.7 (it's a better lens than the Oly 45mm, even without the OIS working), I'm wondering if people are having any problems with the current X5S with this lens in Lightroom.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

M4/3 have built in lens correction profiles. There are no lens correction profiles to choose from in Lightroom. If you look, you will see embedded.
Interesting, I am not familiar with M4/3, (I shoot full frame for land-based pro work).

So, are you saying that for any lens not on the DJI approved list, you probably will not be able to use the RAW files in Lightroom, b/c the X5S is unable to assign a lens profile?

With full frame and APS-C, I am able to select automatic or manual lens corrections in Lightroom CC

I am also going to purchase the Laowa 7.5mm rectilinear wide angle and would likely have the same issue with still RAW files?

Sample of the 7.5mm:

Interesting, I am not familiar with M4/3, (I shoot full frame for land-based pro work).

So, are you saying that for any lens not on the DJI approved list, you probably will not be able to use the RAW files in Lightroom, b/c the X5S is unable to assign a lens profile?

With full frame and APS-C, I am able to select automatic or manual lens corrections in Lightroom CC

I am also going to purchase the Laowa 7.5mm rectilinear wide angle and would likely have the same issue with still RAW files?

Sample of the 7.5mm:

It applies to all M4/3 lenses. The lens correction is embedded.

By "apply" I meant that there is no lens profile selection in LR with M4/3 lenses.
It doesn't seem to be an issue with video, just with still images - or it was with the X5 RAW on the Inspire 1 - I haven't read anything either way on the I2 with the X5S for still RAW images (i.e. not video)

It doesn't seem to be an issue with video, just with still images - or it was with the X5 RAW on the Inspire 1 - I haven't read anything either way on the I2 with the X5S for still RAW images (i.e. not video)
I am pretty much sure from using M4/3 systems (Olympus) that you will not get a lens profile option in Lightroom as the corrections are embedded within the lens themselves. Not sure if it applies to video but I would image it does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo