Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

XT image set

Reaction score
Hi All - looking for a sample thermal dataset for a new project, to try for mapping.

Has anyone got a dataset (around 30-50 images) that I can look at to see if it works with our currently mapping software, as I am hearing different comments as to whether an orthomosiac or mesh can be made from the XT images ?

And requested an image set but was told it will not work due to resolution?
Indeed, as when I spoke to a couple of dealers, they suggest it can be done, so have asked in a simple and separate thread so i can try. I have 3D Survey, Photoscan Pro, Drone2Map, Corralator 3D and OneButton here so wanted to make sure, as I'm getting conflicting advice.

Well very interesting results, due to privacy issues I'm not in a position to post the files unfortunately, however, can say that Drone2Map would not process them, 3D Survey would not process them, however Photoscan Pro would and allow and geotiff export into ArcGIS Pro which would allow a geo-accurate overlay onto a base map layer with good effect.

Obvisouly no temp data was shown, but you can overlay an XT orthmap - did the whole thing in 10 mins!

Is it possible to send me sample thermal data set as well? Just for private use. I would like to give it a try.
That's my mail address: [email protected]
Thanks in advance,
Magda

Hold on folks. First, the field of thermal imaging is changing day by day. Last year Maps Made Easy said it wasn't able to make good maps with the lower resolution XTs, but now check out Tag Pilot, specifically the thermal tagging features. Thermal Tagging From what I can determine you will need one of the radiometric models.

From their marketing description:
"One of the most useful features of Tag Pilot is the ability to detect and document thermal signatures that fit certain criteria. This has huge applications such as detecting a missing person in Search and Rescue operations or mapping out active wild fire lines in low visibility (smokey or night time) situations. Pressing the "FLIR XT Setup" button will open the settings panel for the thermal operation specific setup items. Automatic Thermal Tagging (Auto Tagging) uses the definition of the size and temperature of the object(s) to be detected to analyze the thermal imagery and highlight areas of interest."

For MBA thinking folks, this appears to be a top-down approach to thermal mapping. "I am doing search and rescue. Show me the spots where a missing person might be; Temp: 27 C to 37 C - Size: .4m to 2m" On the other hand a field map might be a "bottom-up" approach: "Build me a map of the field and let me see what's there."

Check out Tag Pilot in the App Store and Maps Made Easy. It has setups for the XT, and I bet if you contact them they will happily send you some sample files and more info. Tell us how this works out for you.
5390 Napa St, Suite B, San Diego, California
1.844.312.8444 - Intl: 1.619.241.4081

Sorry Magda - the data was private so cannot share unfortunately. If anyone has a dataset they are happy to share, then Im happy to process a set and put here

Tag Pilot is used for live tracking such as search and rescue and manual flying. Unlike Map Pilot which is designed for mapping. Tag Pilot is written for their drone ideally, and is not for mapping applications or post processing in the sense of ortho's, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zaruripapers