Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

ZENMUSE XT VS Flir Duo-R

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the thermal camera world and looking to get some opinions. In December I purchased an Zenmuse XT Thermal Camera-336/30HZ/9mm for my inspire 1. Haven't had a whole lot of time to really see what my camera can do but so far its been pretty cool. Today however I saw that Flir debuted the Flir Duo and Duo-R at the CES 2017 convention at a fraction of the cost of the XT. Wondering if anybody has any opinions on which is better the Zenmuse XT or the Flir Duo-R. I know it just came out so not a lot of real world comparisons done yet but I'm seeing some features on the Flir Duo-R that would be pretty nice to have that I don't currently have with the XT.

Agree with Dames, to do real work consider the 336 resolution a minimum

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

So glad the xt will fit m200! I'm wondering if the adapter could work for the x5 on the i2? I hope!

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

remember all the processing for the X5s is done in the external processing system on the I2 so the X5 will not be physically compatible
He was asking about the other way around... the XT has all the processing inside, meaning the adapter for the M200 will fit, however I guarantee they won't offer a firmware update for it, and just put out another new gimble.

Unless they have completely changed their business model, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

He was asking about the other way around...

you sure ?

So glad the xt will fit m200! I'm wondering if the adapter could work for the x5 on the i2?

Theres 2 separate comments there from what i read - glad the xt fits the M200. New comment does the adapter (that connects the XT to M200) work for the X5 gimble for the I2

I think i was right the first time

you sure ?

Theres 2 separate comments there from what i read - glad the xt fits the M200. New comment does the adapter (that connects the XT to M200) work for the X5 gimble for the I2

I think i was right the first time
The adapter mentioned by DJI is for the XT (the referenced part)
the X5 also has the processor internal, does it not?

If the X5 and the XT both fit on the same mount, why would the adapter not work for both save firmware?

He's talking about the X5 working on an I2. As you know the I2 as split the processing from the X5s and processes that internally. Therefore his question of whether the X5 would work on and I2 is no.

He's talking about the X5 working on an I2. As you know the I2 as split the processing from the X5s and processes that internally. Therefore his question of whether the X5 would work on and I2 is no.
Read again....

The M200 supports X5S, XT, and the Z30... all of which are different processing styles and socket from all I'm reading.

If the M200 has an adapter, and also MUST have an internal processor.... why would the adapter not physically fit on an I2?

And again.... all previous gimbles had internal processing.

You're forgetting the M200 has the same processor as the I2
your missing the point of the whole question. The X5 and X5S cameras are not interchangeable with systems. The X5 is an Inspire 1 camera period. the X5S is an Inspire 2 and M200 camera period.

Someone else jump in if I'm mis-reading here as we are going round in circles - another opinion is needed!

X5 might physically mount onto i2 with adaptor. But unlikely to work on the i2 because of firmware. I think you guys are both trying to say. Am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Well, that's what I'm thinking.

FLIR is super anxious to sell the Duo. Here's their reply to my request for instructions on interfacing the DUO to the P3P:

"Hi Luis:

In the case of requesting assistance to connect the camera step by step to the DJI drone please contact the DJI sales directly to the phone (818) 235-0789 or on [email protected]

Karina C.
FLIR SUAS
Support Team
Hours of operation:
Mon - Fri, 8am to 7pm EST
866-667-7732"

After Rotor Drone magazine does a product review (pretty useless) during which not a word is said on how to integrate the DUO to a DJI Phantom but used a photo of a Phantom...

Reactions: Richard G Hugh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanV875