Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1345LS Plates installed

Reaction score
After waiting a bit, my 1345LS kits arrived. I went to Home Depot and got a tube of Locktite Blue to put on the screws as shown in the DJI instruction Video.
After watching the Video, I got to work. The install is very simple. I wonder why they say to add 'adhesive' to the screws though. They all have some blue locking compound on them already.
xxxfi.jpg
Maybe to be doubly safe and sure. Since I bought a tube, and the instructions say to use it, I did.
Only took 15 minutes to change all 4.
Here are shots of the old 14345T mount and a New 1345LS installed.
xxxfk.jpg xxxfj.jpg
Overall, I am VERY impressed with the design and quality of the new mounts. (Cost reasonable also!!)
They lock in place with a satisfying click and the metal tabs must be pressed inward to unlock.

But WAIT!! There is a bonus!!!!
Not mentioned in the video, or shown on DJI's Product page was a baggie of foam rubber shims / fillers in each set.
xxxfl.jpg
After all I have read about noisy / clicking loose props, I guess they have decided to throw these in should you ever need them.
NICE Touch!!
Despite all the negative comments, they continue to refine their products and maintain a high degree of quality.
Hats off to DJI!

Last edited:
After waiting a bit, my 1345LS kits arrived. I went to Home Depot and got a tube of Locktite Blue to put on the screws as shown in the DJI instruction Video.
After watching the Video, I got to work. The install is very simple. I wonder why they say to add 'adhesive' to the screws though. They all have some blue locking compound on them already.
View attachment 12433
Maybe to be doubly safe and sure. Since I bought a tube, and the instructions say to use it, I did.
View attachment 12435 View attachment 12434
Overall, I am VERY impressed with the design and quality of the new mounts. (Cost reasonable also!!)
They lock in place with a satisfying click and the metal tabs must be pressed inward to unlock.

Not mentioned in the video, or shown on DJI's Product page was a baggie of foam rubber shims / fillers in each set.
View attachment 12436
After all I have read about noisy / clicking loose props, I guess they have decided to throw these in should you ever need them.
NICE Touch!!
Despite all the negative comments, they continue to refine their products and maintain a high degree of quality.
Hats off to DJI!

View attachment 12433

View attachment 12436
NICE Touch!!
Hats off to DJI!
Imagine if you purchased a vehicle and then you started hearing stories about wheels falling off. The company offers a soloution for you, then completely redesigns the hubs. Some others, who bought the latest model with the newly designed hubs, have their wheels start to fall off. People, approach the company with their crashed cars for compensation and are told that you didn't secure the wheels properly. Sorry. Then, the company completely redesigns the hubs once again. The wheels, with the third generation hub design finally stay on.

The company offers you, (the one with the badly designed hubs) a kit at your expense. Oh, and you have buy some lock-tite and new wheels, because the rims won't work with the new hubs. And! Here's a nice touch, some shims in case our tolerances are out and the wheels start to rattle.

I wonder if you'd be as quick to praise the car company.

Bottom line is, I paid a lot of money to be a guinea pig! I'm not willing to heap such praise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dxtrty and Cornscot
Imagine if you purchased a vehicle and then you started hearing stories about wheels falling off. The company offers a soloution for you, then completely redesigns the hubs. Some others, who bought the latest model with the newly designed hubs, have their wheels start to fall off. People, approach the company with their crashed cars for compensation and are told that you didn't secure the wheels properly. Sorry. Then, the company completely redesigns the hubs once again. The wheels, with the third generation hub design finally stay on.

The company offers you, (the one with the badly designed hubs) a kit at your expense. Oh, and you have buy some lock-tite and new wheels, because the rims won't work with the new hubs. And! Here's a nice touch, some shims in case our tolerances are out and the wheels start to rattle.

I wonder if you'd be as quick to praise the car company.

Bottom line is, I paid a lot of money to be a guinea pig! I'm not willing to heap such praise.
You're an early adopter of technology, get used to it, you DID sign up for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

Actually, I didn't sign up for anything! I used my hard earned money to purchase it. I saw an advertisement that extolled the virtues of a flying camera that you would take out of the case, charge the batteries, do some calibrations and fly.

No mention of fly aways, props falling off, the constant firmware updates to address failings and the constant babysitting of batteries. No, i didn't "sign up" for any of this.

Do you consider purchasing anything be it cars, tv's appliances and yes, drones as signing up for things?

You mentioned I'm an early adopter of technology and that I should get used to it. Would you also consider the purchasers of the Inspire 2s that are currently flooding the forums with similar issues as early adopters?

I used the example of cars and wheels because had this been a real issue with cars, the companies would have corrected the situation at no cost to the purchaser.

Reactions: Dxtrty
Actually, I didn't sign up for anything! I used my hard earned money to purchase it. I saw an advertisement that extolled the virtues of a flying camera that you would take out of the case, charge the batteries, do some calibrations and fly.

No mention of fly aways, props falling off, the constant firmware updates to address failings and the constant babysitting of batteries. No, i didn't "sign up" for any of this.

Do you consider purchasing anything be it cars, tv's appliances and yes, drones as signing up for things?

You mentioned I'm an early adopter of technology and that I should get used to it. Would you also consider the purchasers of the Inspire 2s that are currently flooding the forums with similar issues as early adopters?

I used the example of cars and wheels because had this been a real issue with cars, the companies would have corrected the situation at no cost to the purchaser.
I wouldn't dream of buying ANYTHING without doing a Google search for the product first.

Your personal lack of due diligence is nobodies fault but your own.

And as an owner of an I2, I was VERY well aware of the "issues" out there before I bought.

Every one that has fallen out of the sky has been operator error. The blade issue is a manufacturing defect common to Chinese products anywhere. And the new mounts are finally rolling out after a national holiday and the usual turnaround on TWO redesigns and production.

I wish these issues didn't happen, but it's pretty widely known that they do.

I don't believe we've ever met, so your accusation as to my personal lack of due diligence is strictly a presumption on your part.

The fact is, I did do research but being the early adopter that I was, there was little information available. I certainly didn't have as you did the two extra years of feedback, for you to base your decision.

Besides, you've totally missed my point.

Safe flying!

You bought an I2 correct?

A simple Google search would've yielded you the results.

Every one of DJI's products has had issues on release... everyone but you seems to know that.

Sorry that you weren't able to do the same research that most others were, again, not ours nor DJI's fault.

Still wish they would get their crap together, but that's the Chinese for you.

Gee..... I am personally glad to see a design improvement and that it is offered at a reasonable price. I was about to change my 1345Ts anyway as a preventive measure after 450+ flights as they were beginning to wear. I wasn't going to wait until they started throwing props, then crashing, and then trying to get the manufacturer to replace it because I didn't do preventive maintenance.
I don't think any car company replaces worn out parts for free unless there is a defect and covered under warranty. Usually premature wear......

Reactions: EDDSkitz
To EDDSkitz,
I'm talking about the Inspire1 in response to AeroMirage's post about his Inspire1. When I purchased it, there was next to no information in terms of feedback available. Also, I really don't appreciate the personal attack' which I believe contravenes the rules of this forum.

To AeroMirage,
I think you missed my point as well. The kit you bought at that discount price was aimed at people like me, who have the second generation props, (the first quick release props) and for others with the first screw on props who wished to change.
This redesign (the hubs that you use) was as a result of complaints of prop loss with the original design and with second design. The second design was to address the prop loss of the first design. When the props continued to come of with the second design, they came up with the version you use.

I know that car companies won't replace worn parts. My comparison to them was to point out that DJI recognized an issue with the first two designs, yet the best they could do was to offer replacement parts at a reduced price for a period of time. Something that car companies would have replaced at no charge. That's all.

Congratulations on your 450+ flights! Impressive!

I have to laugh though at the fact you've noticed that they've improved the design once again!

Best regards!

After 4 flights with the 1345LS mounts, I'm going back to my original 1345T mount. Too much play even with the foam insert on the red props.

I checked mine again very close and props fit very snug. Only thing I have noticed it the white dot ones are just a bit tough to get off. Seems like they are very slightly pinched by the locks, but at least nothing is loose.

I checked mine again very close and props fit very snug. Only thing I have noticed it the white dot ones are just a bit tough to get off. Seems like they are very slightly pinched by the locks, but at least nothing is loose.

My whites are snug tight too.
Here's what I did to fix the red ones. I put a very small amount of epoxy glue around the nipple of the hub. After it settle and dried I used a fine sand paper and sand the nipple till the props fit snugly. It is now snug tight as the white props.

View attachment 12433

View attachment 12436
NICE Touch!!
Hats off to DJI!
Thank you very much. VERY Informative.

I'm certainly not going to get involved in the feud between Alastair and EDDSkitz but here are my observations on the new prop locks. First, I goofed and didn't read the DJI notice about the 1345LS locks carefully enough, where it says they are for 1345T propellers. I own one of the early I1's with the push down/twist on locking propellers. So, of course, the 1345LS locks won't work until I buy new propellers. Go ahead EDDSkitz, let me have it. But, you know, I've never had a problem with my propellers. I check my props and the locks all the time before flights so I think I'll just keep doing that and save the $24 for new props. Besides, it took a long time to get the new prop locks from purchase to time-of-delivery (maybe because they are new).

What I find so amazing it makes me laugh is the so called "instruction book" that came with these. Take a look at the photo. My hand is not that big, yet the book fits in my palm. Page 1 and 2 are a disclaimers that basically say read all the instructions and DJI is not responsible for any problems that result from using these locks. Page 3 has the "instructions" which say, go to the website to find how how to use the 1345LS! All the rest of the book is multiple languages. Honestly, if I was a comedy writer for Saturday Night Live, I couldn't make up anything more absurdly funny!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5280.JPG
    IMG_5280.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 40
I'm certainly not going to get involved in the feud between Alastair and EDDSkitz but here are my observations on the new prop locks. First, I goofed and didn't read the DJI notice about the 1345LS locks carefully enough, where it says they are for 1345T propellers. I own one of the early I1's with the push down/twist on locking propellers. So, of course, the 1345LS locks won't work until I buy new propellers. Go ahead EDDSkitz, let me have it. But, you know, I've never had a problem with my propellers. I check my props and the locks all the time before flights so I think I'll just keep doing that and save the $24 for new props. Besides, it took a long time to get the new prop locks from purchase to time-of-delivery (maybe because they are new).

What I find so amazing it makes me laugh is the so called "instruction book" that came with these. Take a look at the photo. My hand is not that big, yet the book fits in my palm. Page 1 and 2 are a disclaimers that basically say read all the instructions and DJI is not responsible for any problems that result from using these locks. Page 3 has the "instructions" which say, go to the website to find how how to use the 1345LS! All the rest of the book is multiple languages. Honestly, if I was a comedy writer for Saturday Night Live, I couldn't make up anything more absurdly funny!!!
Haha! I wouldn't call it a feud, perhaps a misunderstanding. It's all good.

I have the same props as you and like you check the hubs before each flight. I've never had an issue with them either. Still, when you look at that delicate piece of plastic holding it on, you have to wonder.

I did bite the bullet and order the new hubs and props just to have them in case DJI discontinued the hub we use.

Your observation about the manual is just another reason you have wonder if that place is being run by The Three Stooges!

Nuck nuck nuck

Each time i enjoy the sound of screw'n on&off of my T-motor 14" even more...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 11.16.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 11.16.12 AM.png
    243.9 KB · Views: 57

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst