Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

15 in. CF Tiger props are awesome

Here is a video I made this morning. The first startup is a cold start with me straightening the props, after that I shut down and restarted without straightening the props. You will have to click on the vimeo logo to go to full screen.

Brilliant thanks for taking the time to post the video. First video looked fine, so it's a case of taking a few seconds to straighten the props before flying. Not sure when I will get my props, will let you know how I get on though.

Reactions: SanCap
Brilliant thanks for taking the time to post the video. First video looked fine, so it's a case of taking a few seconds to straighten the props before flying. Not sure when I will get my props, will let you know how I get on though.

It is pretty easy to straighten them before starting. Did you purchase from the Heliengadin direct?

It is pretty easy to straighten them before starting. Did you purchase from the Heliengadin direct?

Yes I did, they are out of stock as demand has been huge. Not sure when I will get them, I hope the quality is similar to my I1 Xoar props.

We are now a distributor for Heliengadin products and have their folding props, regular props and prop adapters for both Inspire 1 and Inspire 2.

Picked up an I2 last week and the prop issue is irritating to say the least. Have been looking at various prop adapters and with Michael having the Heliengadin parts domestically, decided to pull the trigger on them. They are simple, well made parts. The fit on the motor shaft is essentially perfect- zero play whatsoever. There is actually a net decrease in AUW with these adapters as they are lighter than the stock units. The entire motor to prop interface is rock solid with this arrangement. Just finished several test flights and the machine flies great. Michael, thanks for getting those shipped so quickly!

nick

IMG_8009.jpg

IMG_8012.JPG

IMG_8016.jpg

Nice, did you paint the prop tips or did they come like that?

Picked up an I2 last week and the prop issue is irritating to say the least. Have been looking at various prop adapters and with Michael having the Heliengadin parts domestically, decided to pull the trigger on them. They are simple, well made parts. The fit on the motor shaft is essentially perfect- zero play whatsoever. There is actually a net decrease in AUW with these adapters as they are lighter than the stock units. The entire motor to prop interface is rock solid with this arrangement. Just finished several test flights and the machine flies great. Michael, thanks for getting those shipped so quickly!

nick

IMG_8009.jpg

IMG_8012.JPG

IMG_8016.jpg

nick

IMG_8009.jpg

IMG_8012.JPG

IMG_8016.jpg

You are welcome - and thanks for the order! FYI to anyone else, we received in another shipment of the I2 folding props today and were able to fill every outstanding order we had for them. Have another large order leaving the manufacturer again in the next couple days that we will have early next week for anyone else considering them. We are buying up as much of their inventory as we can!

Reactions: Nick H.
We are now a distributor for Heliengadin products and have their folding props, regular props and prop adapters for both Inspire 1 and Inspire 2.

@cvanhoose - we are also in FL. If you ever need anything just let us know.
I have installed and tested the Heliengadin mounts and props. The mounts are high quality, but you will pay for them. I almost did not get the props as I have already had a new set of the T-MOTOR CF 15 props and I was highly impressed with the build quality. The T-MOTOR props are very precise and balanced.
I received an email making sure that I did only want the mounts from Heliengadin. I decided to add their props to the order to test.
I was not impressed with the Heliengadin props. They arrived well packaged but poor workmanship, unlike the mounts.
HeliengadinIMG_1573.JPG vs. T-MOTORIMG_1574.JPG
The bird is not stable at all. Very noisy. I attempted to pull off a LIVE shot for a news station of a closeup of a flag and had trouble hovering 20ft up with little to no wind.
I feel the props are the issue.
I have now installed the T-MOTOR CF 15 props and will give you an update after I get a handful of flights in to compare. Waiting for clear weather in South FL.
The T-MOTOR props come with top mounting hardware, yet I decided to stick to the Heliengadin hardware because of the size and weight difference.
Although......the weight comparison between the two different props are over 5 grams.
Heliengadin props = 29.9 grams
T-MOTOR props = 24.4 grams
Could be the gloss coating on one but every gram counts on this scale.

Tip: I used the blue threadlock semi-permanent. There was good lock on the threads, more than needed. But not as much as what DJI used.
IMG_1575.JPG
Here are the pictures of the swap and mounts.
Heliengadin setup:
IMG_1567.JPG

T-MOTOR Props + Heliengadin mounts setup:
IMG_1580.JPG

Heliengadin mounts closeup:
IMG_1577.JPG

Pitch:
IMG_1578.JPG

Always use the proper tools:
IMG_1576.JPG

Last edited:

nick

This is great news.

UPDATE: Managed to get a window with no rain/little wind. Night and day difference. It was definitely a prop issue. I can confirm this is a killer rock solid setup. Probably the best route to go to save on rotational mass. I just clocked a steady 64-65mph with these props on a test run.
Very satisfied.
Here is a video of the Inspire 2 hovering with the new T-MOTOR props:

I just pulled the trigger on these mounts: HeliEngadin
I read about the precision process and equipment used to make these and they sold me. Couldn't find info about the Amazing Tech mounts. I am all about precision and balance for my birds. Helps with performance, battery life, and stability for my shots.
I also pulled the trigger on the T-MOTOR 15x5 Carbon Fiber props.
I was going to purchase the package that included the props from Heliengadin but I am not familiar with their props.
I also prefer the hard mount to motor, its a long time preference. The quick release for my Mavic Pro is ok.
Anyone try this setup yet?

I will post my review here once received and properly tested over a handful of flights.
I have just bought the Motor Props 15 x 5 carbon Fibre and the HeliEngadin mounts should get them both next week. Did you have to widen the prop holes to fit the adaptors?

Thanks Les

I found some solid aluminum mounts for carbon fiber propellers on eBay for $130.

I love the new T-motor propellers and haven't had any issues with these mounts. Everything fits perfectly.

I didn't realize how much quieter these propellers are than stock! I have no scientific way to test, but I think everything is better with the carbon fiber propellers. Only issue is not being able to quickly remove / re-install the propellers for transport.

IMG_0117.JPG IMG_0124.JPG

I have installed and tested the Heliengadin mounts and props. The mounts are high quality, but you will pay for them. I almost did not get the props as I have already had a new set of the T-MOTOR CF 15 props and I was highly impressed with the build quality. The T-MOTOR props are very precise and balanced.
I received an email making sure that I did only want the mounts from Heliengadin. I decided to add their props to the order to test.
I was not impressed with the Heliengadin props. They arrived well packaged but poor workmanship, unlike the mounts.
HeliengadinView attachment 14017 vs. T-MOTORView attachment 14018
The bird is not stable at all. Very noisy. I attempted to pull off a LIVE shot for a news station of a closeup of a flag and had trouble hovering 20ft up with little to no wind.
I feel the props are the issue.
I have now installed the T-MOTOR CF 15 props and will give you an update after I get a handful of flights in to compare. Waiting for clear weather in South FL.
The T-MOTOR props come with top mounting hardware, yet I decided to stick to the Heliengadin hardware because of the size and weight difference.
Although......the weight comparison between the two different props are over 5 grams.
Heliengadin props = 29.9 grams
T-MOTOR props = 24.4 grams
Could be the gloss coating on one but every gram counts on this scale.

Tip: I used the blue threadlock semi-permanent. There was good lock on the threads, more than needed. But not as much as what DJI used.
View attachment 14019
Here are the pictures of the swap and mounts.
Heliengadin setup:
View attachment 14014

T-MOTOR Props + Heliengadin mounts setup:
View attachment 14023

Heliengadin mounts closeup:
View attachment 14021

Pitch:
View attachment 14022

Always use the proper tools:
View attachment 14020

Interesting that you are not pleased with the folding props. Maybe I have a golden set or am just lucky but I am very happy with the performance. I clocked over 100kph and flew about 11km round trip. For me the folding props are time savers (having to mount the quick release DJI props), they seem quieter due to less flexing, and they seem to be more efficient. Or maybe I am not as picky as some here. As I am only flying as a hobby and photos/video, my requirements are possibly less stringent as some. I just fly, have fun, make videos, and photos.

Another thought could be that there might have been a bad batch of folding props that might be offering less than optimal performance.

Interesting that you are not pleased with the folding props. Maybe I have a golden set or am just lucky but I am very happy with the performance. I clocked over 100kph and flew about 11km round trip. For me the folding props are time savers (having to mount the quick release DJI props), they seem quieter due to less flexing, and they seem to be more efficient. Or maybe I am not as picky as some here. As I am only flying as a hobby and photos/video, my requirements are possibly less stringent as some. I just fly, have fun, make videos, and photos.

Another thought could be that there might have been a bad batch of folding props that might be offering less than optimal performance.

My results are from the fixed props.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu