Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

1st Inspire 2 Flight (disaster)

Reaction score
So put the Inspire together and yes i have the red prop problem, so stuffed some tissue in the stop the rattling and launched the craft up to about 10ft to see how it fared. So far so good.

Landed it, and put in a simple grid survey pattern in map pilot, and launched the mission. Up to 150ft and it did about half of the flight fine - 25 images (haven't checked them yet however!) and then the map pilot app crashed (which is a first) and the inspire 2 just chose a path and buggered off. I immediately flipped the switch to take manual control and started to bring it done only for the Inspire to fight me and carry on its path. I had to increase hight so it didnt hit our house!

I then managed to press the return to home button and go back into the Go app for the craft to finally come back to the home point and i could land.

Ive never had an experience like that using the same setup (and grid pattern) with either my Inspire 1 Pro or Phantom, so I have to say I've lost confidence at the moment on this!!!!

I believe there is an issue in the API from the latest update affecting all third party apps. Stick to Go4 for now

You can certainly fly, just use Go4 and fly interactively.

I've several hours flight time in since the update. So far, the only issues I've encountered where the couple of times I've deliberately flown it down to the critical battery level to familiarise myself with its response to the warning.

Spotlight Pro and course lock have worked ok, not checked the others. Guess it might be wise to check RTH actually brings it back home and doesn't send it hurrying away like the Phantom 3 was doing a few weeks back!!! :confused::eek:

New firmware? I just got the drone yesterday - and I updated it, currently on a shoot and using the drone later this afternoon for its maiden flight...Let's see if it prompts for updates. Let us know if any of you awesome guys did the update already.

Thanks

ok - that would explain the website still showing the update from 3.3.17 - will try on mine now in that case - many thanks - hows it flying for you ?

I have two inspire 1s and I've been flying for years with DJI products. In Jan I ordered the inspire 2. But before I could receive it I updated the Firmware of my inspire 1 2.0. As suggested by DJI Tech after having issues with my camera. I always do the home spot dance no matter what. I took off and let it hover as I had read reports of the issues on line. After being satisfied I flew the inspire 1 and at some point it started to move as if it was searching and was unresponsive to the controller. I pushed the return home but got no response nor did I get response manually. My attempts didn't work nor did the safety mode that return the drone to the takeoff point at 30%battery. The drone simply searched back and forth until the battery ran down and the drone just dropped out of the air. This was also confirmed by DJI Tech when I sent it in for repair. DJI did not take any responsibility for sending customers faulty firmware that cause this crash and could have cause serious injury to someone. They simply said that I flew the drone until the battery was 0% and crashed it. Unwilling to admit this crash as being the result of a bad Firmware. I sent my inspire in to DJI in The begging of Jan 2017 and on March 14 I received it back unrepaired. The last contact with DJI was a disputed 705.00. Repair order in which I simply suggested an adjustment of the repair by taking off the price of the battery 159.00. It was obvious they were not going to honor their mistake and my intention was to pay for the repair and sell all my DJI product as the customer service had proven to be unbelievable. On top of that their DJI customer database was hacked and my emailed was receiving email about a price adjustment on my repair and to send payment to a receiver that DJI investigators claim were not from DJI and they had me forward the email to DJI Support. I never heard another word from DJI and on the 14th without warning received my damaged drone without even paying the damage assessment fee. I'm done with DJI. I'm selling everything. Ronin. P4P And both Inspire 1s. I feel that after all the hard earned money I've spent faithfully with this company that they care little about me after they sell their product. They care little about the safety of the public. I'm filing a class action suit against this company and would like to hear any similar firmware updates that resulted in immediate crashes. I work at a Major Law Firm in St Louis Missouri as the Office Manager and Investigator. Please contact me at [email protected]. Thank You

.... you first!!!

I have used Drone Deploy, Dji GSPro, and Map Pilot with my Inspire 2 with a few managible quirks. Half the flights I did hot swap battery changes. The others were small areas of 10 acres or less.. The largest area I've mapped has been 70 acres. I use the apps for surveying so I can't speak to the other options in these apps.

Drone Deploy flies fast, DJI GS Pro flies slow(the lower the slower). Map pilot flies med speed but I have't used this one as much.

I am checking out mapping software currently.

So far so good and I love my Inspire 2.
Any questions about the apps ......please ask.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaPicard9