Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI inspire 2 new user

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am considering buying a DJI Inspire 2 I have in the past had a phantom 3 pro. I am an amateur cinematographer and I think the inspire 2 will fit my criteria with the X5s. I shoot in raw 4k with my sony a7siii and I want the same quality from a drone. My main question is is about the pro res and cineDNG option . I have tried to do as much research before coming here so I do apologise about my lack on knowledge. Would I need to buy the ProRes and CineDNG in order to film 25fps in 4k RAW? what are the normal specs of the camera / drone without the options of unlocking the pro res and cinedng. Again sorry for my lack of knowledge I would appreciate any help on this as I am a new user.

Thanks

Liam

Hello all,

I am considering buying a DJI Inspire 2 I have in the past had a phantom 3 pro. I am an amateur cinematographer and I think the inspire 2 will fit my criteria with the X5s. I shoot in raw 4k with my sony a7siii and I want the same quality from a drone. My main question is is about the pro res and cineDNG option . I have tried to do as much research before coming here so I do apologise about my lack on knowledge. Would I need to buy the ProRes and CineDNG in order to film 25fps in 4k RAW? what are the normal specs of the camera / drone without the options of unlocking the pro res and cinedng. Again sorry for my lack of knowledge I would appreciate any help on this as I am a new user.

Thanks

Liam
I follow a YouTuber named Trent Palmer who is a pilot, drone pilot and cinematographer in the film industry. For years he flew a heavy lifter fully outfitted with a cinema rig. His review of the Inspire 2 was pretty short; "It's a toy." But he recently switched to the Inspire 3, which he loved so much that he sold his heavy lifter. Small things that are never really mentioned in drone circles like the inability to rack the aperture were one of the deal-breakers for the I2. And then there we WiFi shortcomings, which I experience with all my drones sans the M300. DJI finally got it right with this new generation of Tx/Rx. I suggest looking up Trent on YouTube and finding those reviews.

Warning; The Inspire 2 review is little more than a paragraph within one of his videos. If memory serves, he was doing a drone shoot in San Francisco AND another shoot in the forest during that video, which may help search out that review. Conversely, the Inspire 3 video IS the video. That should be easy to find.

Good luck.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aayushijain873