Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3 Batteries died

Reaction score
Hello,

I have some issues with my Inspire batteries. Last time I was flying my Inspire with all 3 batteries was October 30. After that I recharged the batteries and put them on the side. Now all 3 batteries are dead.
I can't charge them and they do not turn on. I read about the trick with opening the battery top and taking out the balancer plug for an hour. That allowed me to turn them on again but when I charge them the top green light is flashing and after some time it turns off.

Any idea if I can get them back to life.

They are from the first Insipre 1 days (so around 2 years old). each of them had about 40 - 50 flights but they were still working - until now.

They don't balance charge so if you have one low cell it'll kill the rest.

I was wondering if they were being left "charged up" for any period of time. In general, LIPO batteries should not be left fully charged very long. Sometimes that can cause failures in the battery. I'm not sure if you will be able to safely fly these again or not...we tend to error on the side of caution when it comes to batteries.

Sounds to me like your a victim (as I was) of a DJI firmware bug that cause the not-so-intelligent battery controller to over-discharge the LiPos when trying to bring them down to storage charge. DJI acknowledges the bug, but disavows any responsibility because, of course, the batteries are now out of warranty. Gotcha! Catch-22.

It's small comfort, but you're not alone:

TB48 - disaster time
Battery-killing firmware bug?
Dead TB48 Battery

What's the solution? For me $800 for new batteries, for you "only" $600.
I am undecided whether I wish to spend that kind of money on DJI kit again.

Andy

Sounds to me like your a victim (as I was) of a DJI firmware bug that cause the not-so-intelligent battery controller to over-discharge the LiPos when trying to bring them down to storage charge. DJI acknowledges the bug, but disavows any responsibility because, of course, the batteries are now out of warranty. Gotcha! Catch-22.

It's small comfort, but you're not alone:

TB48 - disaster time
Battery-killing firmware bug?
Dead TB48 Battery

What's the solution? For me $800 for new batteries, for you "only" $600.
I am undecided whether I wish to spend that kind of money on DJI kit again.

Andy
I at least got one for free from DJI, but that leaves still 400$

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onaldUnino