Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A call for transparency and truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a member of the forum for a bit now and for the most part I have really enjoyed it. I came to the forum with about a 30 year history of Radio Controlled hobbying. Even so I have learned so much from a lot of you, for those of you who have helped me along the way I thank you.
Then there is the other side that no matter what you say or how nicely you say it, they immediately jump all over you and attack you and at some points essentially call you stupid. None of us know it all, NONE OF US!!! No question is a bad question if asked out of a true desire to know the answer. We have to remember that a lot of Inspire pilots are just starting out and basically have no experience (it can get frustrating when people don't want to do the work and just rely on others for their answers). I have found that if you take the time to read, read, read things will usually make sense. If not then here we are to help. I own FlyHighUSA in Ky. and yes we are among others we are a DJI Dealer. I love the DJI brand as a whole and try to support it as much as I possibly can. I love how innovative and progressive they are. All that being said I am not blind that DJI has some problems. Any company that is a billion dollar company and has grown as fast as DJI has is bound to have some issues. That being said they are working hard to catch up and smooth everything out. Even with the issues I am really glad we have the tech that we do because I remember the day not too long ago that we didn't have any of this, (only the military did). I know if we can all help one another and have civil conversation we can all grow as a community. I have to say I agree with the Editor and Mazz and others that as far as I know and believe, there is no truth to the DJI conspiracy theory, I really believe this forum is one of the best, that's why I spend my time here helping many people along the way. Yes I sell drones and accessories/parts for DJI but first and foremost I am a multi-rotor enthusiast that loves all things drone. I am not one that can be bought and told what to say and do (never!). I am looking forward to the upcoming 2016 year and seeing what great things are introduced to us. If I can ever help any of you just say the word, those of you who have dealt with me know I like helping others and making new friends along the way. Happy flying to all of you!!!

Respectfully,
Ralph
FlyHighUSA

I can think right on top of my head of at least 5 reasons that would explain these numbers without involving any deliberate conning by DJI - nor even of any lower performance for the end user.
The fact that you not only didn't investigate these possibilities, but not even mentioned you're aware of them shows how unqualified you are to make such statements.

Humm... let me see... what is that term for a written defamatory statement...?
Ah! I remember... libel.
There are several ways a person must go about proving that libel has taken place. For example, in the United States, the person must prove that the statement was false, caused harm, and was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement.

Well precisely... it's also valid for you, and is exactly where you stand now. What you're doing now is spweing statements that cause harm to DJI's reputation without adequate research into the truthfulness of your statements.

Last edited:
Sorry Guys,
Mazz, rightly so, removed my post concerning the 1410, 1510 I1v2 transmitter issue from the classifieds. I should have posted in a relevant thread or a new thread.
I have put several hours into this issue to help others and at this point am very tired, especially when I can't seem to post in the right location.
I will hand it to Chnjab as he is on target with this issue. In the beginning I was skeptical and defending DJI. As I started investigating myself and talking to several DJI personnel I soon found out that what I was being told by their reps and tech department was not true. So I chimed in and wanted to help expose this unfortunate situation. I just wanted everyone that bought an I1v2 that has T600 FCC####1410 to know that it is an incomplete version. The T601 FCC####1510 is complete. Enough of my time with this. I hope I have helped someone. At least Chinjab and myself are getting our birds replaced/upgraded which says that DJI accepts responsibility for this. Good Luck

Last edited:
Sorry Guys,
Mazz, rightly so, removed my post concerning the 1410, 1510 I1v2 transmitter issue from the classifieds. I should have posted in a relevant thread or a new thread.
I have put several hours into this issue to help others and at this point am very tired, especially when I can't seem to post in the right location.
I will hand it to Chinjab as he is on target with this issue. In the beginning I was skeptical and defending DJI. As I started investigating myself and talking to several DJI personnel I soon found out that what I was being told by their reps and tech department was not true. So I chimed in and wanted to help expose this unfortunate situation. I just wanted everyone that bought an I1v2 that has T600 FCC####1410 to know that it is an incomplete version. The T601 FCC####1510 is complete. Enough of my time with this. I hope I have helped someone. At least Chinjab and myself are getting our birds replaced/upgraded which says that DJI accepts responsibility for this. Good Luck

Does this apply to the 1410 Pro X5's as well?

The way things are going, anything that has software in it manufactures are arguing that you don't own it and only have an implied lease.
We Can’t Let John Deere Destroy the Very Idea of Ownership
"
IT’S OFFICIAL: JOHN Deere and General Motors want to eviscerate the notion of ownership. Sure, we pay for their vehicles. But we don’t own them. Not according to their corporate lawyers, anyway.

In a particularly spectacular display of corporate delusion, John Deere—the world’s largest agricultural machinery maker —told the Copyright Office that farmers don’t own their tractors. Because computer code snakes through the DNA of modern tractors, farmers receive “an implied license for the life of the vehicle to operate the vehicle.”

It’s John Deere’s tractor, folks. You’re just driving it.

Several manufacturers recently submitted similar comments to the Copyright Office under an inquiry into the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. DMCA is a vast 1998 copyright law that (among other things) governs the blurry line between software and hardware. The Copyright Office, after reading the comments and holding a hearing, will decide in July which high-tech devices we can modify, hack, and repair—and decide whether John Deere’s twisted vision of ownership will become a reality."

I think that everything you're talking about here applies, albeit to a lesser degree*. There doesn't seem to be any effort on DJI's part to prevent third party repair of their UAV's, in fact in many ways they promote it by selling replacement parts to the general public, and they encourage people to take matters into their own hands since they are very slow at doing repairs themselves. They have started to authorize a number of third party repair companies; this is not something that John Deere is doing, and it is something Apple stopped doing quite a while ago.

DJI is dealing with a blossoming product category with many moving parts. They are under extreme pressure from governing bodies to create software restraints in the way that their UAV's are used. They are the biggest targets, so what they do has the largest repercussions. Add to this of course the fact that many of their models are now aimed at a professional market that is very demanding. And they are making missteps -- ie adding social media api's to the software on professional machines is a bit of a joke, but makes perfect sense for the Phantoms. They seem to have a difficult time discerning between the toy market and the pro market. But I believe they will... they are growing at an incredible speed -- there will be many more mistakes to come.

Meanwhile, we all deal with these frustrating firmware updates. They change the way things work, and not always for the better. But they also address issues that I didn't even know I'd have -- ie I purchased my X5 in sunny and warm Florida, but am now heading into the cold weather in Canada, and I'm glad that DJI just released an upgrade to deal with battery voltage drop in cold weather.

From what I can see, DJI is not the "closed garden" in the software department that other companies have been. There are many third-party nav apps for the Inspire (though nothing yet for the Pro -- waiting patiently for that). The X5 doesn't require that you buy DJI lenses. DJI appears to be encouraging innovation and flexibility on this platform, and is outright supporting it on it's development platform, The Matrice. This is much like Elon Musk has done with Tesla's technology -- understanding that by encouraging innovation, we all win.

I'm not an outright DJI fanboy. There are many things I'd like to see changed. But the Inspire 1 Pro is the best RTF UAV out there, and a real marvel of engineering. I will endure the issues of firmware, sketchy documentation, odd firmware update numbering systems, and the constant need to follow the issues here and other places to keep my bird from falling out of the sky. It's a new industry, and like it or not, we are pioneers -- and first-mover advantage always comes with a ton of disadvantages too.

*the person you are quoting here is Kyle Wiens. He is my boss, and a man I very much admire. Yes, I work for iFixit, and we live and breathe open-source and transparency... and we fight planned obsolescence every day.

OK, let me put the record straight on a few things.

• DJI have absolutely no influence over this forum
  • We are free to discuss, praise or redicule DJI as we see fit (other than under the usual laws of libel which is true of any individual or organisation)
  • This is a privately owned forum that has zero sponsorship from DJI
  • I am not affiliated or controlled or told what to do or say by DJI in any way - yes I AM under an NDA with them but so are many others. I respect that and probably give more away than I should
  • I give up my time for free to moderate this forum and it takes up a LOT of my free/private time
  • I did received a job offer from DJI which I have not taken up
This forum is probably policed a little stricter than some and this has probably added to its popularity. It means off topic ramblings are jumped on and locked and sensible, helpful threads are allowed to run.
If is also a lot better organised and searchable than many - The 'official DJI Forum included.

I am not going to enter into any more discussion on this thread as quite frankly it is not worth my time - I have better things to do.

People will believe whatever they want to at the end of the day but I will say it once more - DJI have zero influence over what I say on these forums and have NEVER censored anything or told me to delete or retract any statement I have made.
I agree, thanks for all your uncompensated work on the community's behalf.

I have been a member of the forum for a bit now and for the most part I have really enjoyed it. I came to the forum with about a 30 year history of Radio Controlled hobbying. Even so I have learned so much from a lot of you, for those of you who have helped me along the way I thank you.
Then there is the other side that no matter what you say or how nicely you say it, they immediately jump all over you and attack you and at some points essentially call you stupid. None of us know it all, NONE OF US!!! No question is a bad question if asked out of a true desire to know the answer. We have to remember that a lot of Inspire pilots are just starting out and basically have no experience (it can get frustrating when people don't want to do the work and just rely on others for their answers). I have found that if you take the time to read, read, read things will usually make sense. If not then here we are to help. I own FlyHighUSA in Ky. and yes we are among others we are a DJI Dealer. I love the DJI brand as a whole and try to support it as much as I possibly can. I love how innovative and progressive they are. All that being said I am not blind that DJI has some problems. Any company that is a billion dollar company and has grown as fast as DJI has is bound to have some issues. That being said they are working hard to catch up and smooth everything out. Even with the issues I am really glad we have the tech that we do because I remember the day not too long ago that we didn't have any of this, (only the military did). I know if we can all help one another and have civil conversation we can all grow as a community. I have to say I agree with the Editor and Mazz and others that as far as I know and believe, there is no truth to the DJI conspiracy theory, I really believe this forum is one of the best, that's why I spend my time here helping many people along the way. Yes I sell drones and accessories/parts for DJI but first and foremost I am a multi-rotor enthusiast that loves all things drone. I am not one that can be bought and told what to say and do (never!). I am looking forward to the upcoming 2016 year and seeing what great things are introduced to us. If I can ever help any of you just say the word, those of you who have dealt with me know I like helping others and making new friends along the way. Happy flying to all of you!!!

Respectfully,
Ralph
FlyHighUSA
Ralph is the number in your profile a number I can reach you at FlyhighUSA? I will try to call you on Monday 01/18.

I just read this thread and I must admit I have no idea what you guys are taking about.

But it appears Chnjab found a real DJI product issue, raised it, got the hell beat out of him and out of frustration went back and deleted his post.

Let's give others chance to air their research, product findings, etc guys, without passing judgment please.

You may agree or disagree with whatever he found and reported or said, but let's not kill the messenger or beat someone to the point where they say "the hell with it".

I just read this thread and I must admit I have no idea what you guys are taking about.

But it appears Chnjab found a real DJI product issue, raised it, got the hell beat out of him and out of frustration went back and deleted his post.

Let's give others chance to air their research, product findings, etc guys, without passing judgment please.

You may agree or disagree with whatever he found and reported or said, but let's not kill the messenger or beat someone to the point where they say "the hell with it".
I am not sure if you are joking or not but the confusion may stem from the fact that he deleted his first post and edited or deleted all subsequent posts. Because that tends to confuse people I will revert the FIRST post since it is the first in the thread. I would like to add that it seems he has changed his feelings with information he now has so no harm no foul. In the future I would prefer one just says, I changed my mind instead of deleting a number one post and confusing everyone that ever again looks at the thread.

I am not sure if you are joking or not but the confusion may stem from the fact that he deleted his first post and edited or deleted all subsequent posts. Because that tends to confuse people I will revert the FIRST post since it is the first in the thread. I would like to add that it seems he has changed his feelings with information he now has so no harm no foul. In the future I would prefer one just says, I changed my mind instead of deleting a number one post and confusing everyone that ever again looks at the thread.

I feel no different now than I did when I wrote it or when I posted the data in November. I have a knife at a gun fight. You'll allow Angler;), who can't legally use the more powerful equipment we're discussing where he lives, and Kilrah unlimited powers of claiming others are full of utter ********, while of course providing nothing proven to the contrary and others are held to incredibly higher standards by the Editor who isn't ever gentle in his opinions. He banned an amazing source of information which I feel is akin to enabling any fraud perpetuated there after. I'm done. Your little DJI club may help some but undoes it's good when it hurts others. You have far too many who have become afraid to even post for fear of how they are treated. I'll ask then where is Tahoe ED since October. Why did Ken(bladestrike) quit with little warning. I have NO PROOF however they're both DJI employees paid to have forum presence and very straight shooters who don't like to lie. I don't think Ken could continue to have to lie to those he was there to help. I don't think Ed wants to have to answer the obvious questions. Finally why is this more than likely the most popular and utilized Inspire site have ZERO direct DJI representation. Simple it doesn't need it. It has it we just don't know it. Those expensive adds dominating the spaces below what I'm typing were installed with a contract that negated all impartiality. If I'm wrong prove it! My only alternative is not to fight. I didn't come here to fight. I like to help others and learn. But I also can't stand by and watch others hurt. I guess some can I can't. I raised my voice and it was shouted down. I have decided to leave as it won't change. However I guarantee as I am a man of integrity that I will have a very large voice in the very near future and have already sacrificed the resources to do so.

Last edited:
I feel no different now than I did when I wrote it or when I posted the data in November. I have a knife at a gun fight. You'll allow Angler, who DOESN'T own anything we're discussing, .

I must be Mad after all but I'm almost certain this fits the V2 FCC 1410 sitting in its case under my desk.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453075895.611676.jpg

Perhaps I'm mistaken

Last edited:
I feel no different now than I did when I wrote it or when I posted the data in November. I have a knife at a gun fight. You'll allow Angler;), who can't legally use the more powerful equipment we're discussing where he lives, and Kilrah unlimited powers of claiming others are full of utter ********, while of course providing nothing proven to the contrary and others are held to incredibly higher standards by the Editor who isn't ever gentle in his opinions. He banned an amazing source of information which I feel is akin to enabling any fraud perpetuated there after. I'm done. Your little DJI club may help some but undoes it's good when it hurts others. You have far too many who have become afraid to even post for fear of how they are treated. I'll ask then where is Tahoe ED since October. Why did Ken(bladestrike) quit with little warning. I have NO PROOF however they're both DJI employees paid to have forum presence and very straight shooters who don't like to lie. I don't think Ken could continue to have to lie to those he was there to help. I don't think Ed wants to have to answer the obvious questions. Finally why is this more than likely the most popular and utilized Inspire site have ZERO direct DJI representation. Simple it doesn't need it. It has it we just don't know it. Those expensive adds dominating the spaces below what I'm typing were installed with a contract that negated all impartiality. If I'm wrong prove it! My only alternative is not to fight. I didn't come here to fight. I like to help others and learn. But I also can't stand by and watch others hurt. I guess some can I can't. I raised my voice and it was shouted down. I have decided to leave as it won't change. However I guarantee as I am a man of integrity that I will have a very large voice in the very near future and have already sacrificed the resources to do so.
As a mod I try not to perpetuate arguments so I will continue to allow the forum members to form their own opinions. Lucky for me our actions here speak for themselves. As always, please just continue to place your topics in the right section and do not attack anyone else in the process.

Reactions: Terry G

No not joking at all. Maybe I've been living under a rock as I'm clueless about this 1410 FCC thing, sorry.

Coming in cold on this thread I honestly can't say I've seen Chnjab say anything out of line or in an inappropriate way.

He senses some DJI defense here and I think that is inevitable in all of us given that we did lay down a pile of money as an investment in this platform and who doesn't want their investment to be a good one?

I honestly have nothing but admiration for the great work the moderators do here and I have confidence they aren't unduly swayed or influenced by DJI.

But see point one above :)

I have less confidence right now in current (former) DJI social media staff honestly, given my public run-ins with them, but given the changing of the guard and their new job positions for social media community managers which describe a much more professional, respectful and responsible approach, I think they may at least see they need to treat their customers with the respect and dignity they deserve, even when they're cranky, unhappy, pissed off, feeling betrayed or lied to. It's good business practice.

Anyway, Chnjab, PM me offline if you have a pointer to the 1410 FCC issue. I'm keen now to learn more.

No not joking at all. Maybe I've been living under a rock as I'm clueless about this 1410 FCC thing, sorry.

Coming in cold on this thread I honestly can't say I've seen Chnjab say anything out of line or in an inappropriate way.

He senses some DJI defense here and I think that is inevitable in all of us given that we did lay down a pile of money as an investment in this platform and who doesn't want their investment to be a good one?

I honestly have nothing but admiration for the great work the moderators do here and I have confidence they aren't unduly swayed or influenced by DJI.

But see point one above :)

I have less confidence right now in current (former) DJI social media staff honestly, given my public run-ins with them, but given the changing of the guard and their new job positions for social media community managers which describe a much more professional, respectful and responsible approach, I think they may at least see they need to treat their customers with the respect and dignity they deserve, even when they're cranky, unhappy, pissed off, feeling betrayed or lied to. It's good business practice.

Anyway, Chnjab, PM me offline if you have a pointer to the 1410 FCC issue. I'm keen now to learn more.
The fcc issue was never the point of discussion in this thread. That was posted elsewhere. This thread was calling out moderators as working for DJI and censoring what was being said. All of which is untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont