Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aircraft disconnect..

Reaction score
During my 27th flight with my I1, I started getting the usual picture breakup that occurs when I get out about 2000 ft, the aircraft disconnected..At that point, I have no control over the aircraft, is that correct? It will stop where it is and 30 sec later go into RTH, is that correct?..If I push the RTH button on the controller, it does nothing, right?..I realize this is a newbie question but I just want to get some reassurance I'm making the right decisions..I've never fully disconnected from the aircraft, so it was an eyeopener..

I believe you are correct on all counts with the I1. I have an I2 and it disconnected from the RC itself which I needed to reboot to get it back under control. When it did it, I had it set to "Hover in place" so it sat there until I rebooted. Unnerving to say the least, and I was only maybe 100 feet away when it lost connection. Could be the channels are flipping and losing sync or link as a wild guess. Dunno, but it seems to cross platforms with the Inspires, Mavics, and Phantoms too.

I'll add, I have a RC helicopter too that works in the 2.4GHz band and have noticed it dropping 20 feet at times and then going back up. I suspect there could be some frequency interference with its radio too where it disconnects and then reconnects a second later. Puzzling.

I believe you are correct on all counts with the I1. I have an I2 and it disconnected from the RC itself which I needed to reboot to get it back under control. When it did it, I had it set to "Hover in place" so it sat there until I rebooted. Unnerving to say the least, and I was only maybe 100 feet away when it lost connection. Could be the channels are flipping and losing sync or link as a wild guess. Dunno, but it seems to cross platforms with the Inspires, Mavics, and Phantoms too.

I'll add, I have a RC helicopter too that works in the 2.4GHz band and have noticed it dropping 20 feet at times and then going back up. I suspect there could be some frequency interference with its radio too where it disconnects and then reconnects a second later. Puzzling.

Interesting..So you had the capability to put it into "hover" even though it was disconnected?..That was my thoughts on this..I was 2k feet away, out of sight, it disconnects with no map or screen and I had no options!..I hit RTH but it did nothing..It did fly back and it re-connected but it was very unnerving..It must be a very strong interference to cause a disconnect it I presume.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HenriettaF