Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
tcchow - I'm very impressed by your lipo brackets you fabricated for this mod. Are you in the US? Would you be interested in manufacturing/selling any additional brackets for those of us with limited skills and resources? lol
I didn't made that carbon fiber, buy it in Chinese ebay, it was designed as handle in the first place, I just mods the tube so I can fix the extra battery and it cost me RMB 220 (which is about USD 38), if you want I can help you to buy it at cost. Those of you in U.S if want it I can help to buy it too!

I didn't made that carbon fiber, buy it in Chinese ebay, it was designed as handle in the first place, I just mods the tube so I can fix the extra battery and it cost me RMB 220 (which is about USD 38), if you want I can help you to buy it at cost. Those of you in U.S if want it I can help to buy it too!

Yes, if you have a link or website you could point me to, that we be great! Where did you find the one mounted to the body as well?

They are 25-50C if I recall

thanks for the info .. i may goes try 25c... as light as possible... :D Dji shall comeout tb49 or else i got a feeling ... here someone going to 3d print a Perfect extra battery holder for inspire for this Hack...

Bluethundr... i may need better soldering gun and ion... i use hakkopreso and good solder iron it almost will stick everything and fast.... !!! and dun solder it too long to get it stuck it may end out killing ur battery ...

Before I fly this do any of you think this added weight aft cg is going to be an issue 500 g with wiring

maybe it going to tail heavy ... but worth a try .. but dun get to high 1st... my advice is let it hover for 10 min low attitude and see how is the respond + remember check the motor temperature... hope it will not bring extra stress on it ...

Description:

Product type: Rechargeable lithium polymer battery
Battery parameter: Lion Power 22.2V 2800Mah 30C
Battery capacity: 2800MAh
Continous discharge rate: 30C
Battery size: 11.7 * 3.7 * 4.3cm / 4.6 * 1.4 * 1.7in
Battery weight: 379g / 13.4oz
Note: due to the difference between the measurement, the battery dimension and weight may have little error.
Plug: T
Package weight: 403g / 14.3oz

Note: due to the difference between the measurement, the battery dimension and weight may have little error.

Caution:
Don't over-charge, or over-discharge batteries.
Don't put it beside the high temperature condition.
Don't throw it into fire.
Don't throw it into water.

Package Included:

If this weight is accurate it's the best weight to piwer ratio for 2600-2800 ma units I have seen.

I'm testing a single 5200 ma multi star today in a normal flight after a hover test to see how much past 16 min I can get taking video. I am concerned as an ATP pilot about adding 650 gs right under the main battery. This would be a reason to use two 2800 aux batteries mounted on the arms as you can position the for and aft for cg. I have these in order

Reactions: damoncooper

Description:

Product type: Rechargeable lithium polymer battery
Battery parameter: Lion Power 22.2V 2800Mah 30C
Battery capacity: 2800MAh
Continous discharge rate: 30C
Battery size: 11.7 * 3.7 * 4.3cm / 4.6 * 1.4 * 1.7in
Battery weight: 379g / 13.4oz
Plug: T
Package weight: 403g / 14.3oz

Caution:
Don't over-charge, or over-discharge batteries.
Don't put it beside the high temperature condition.
Don't throw it into fire.
Don't throw it into water.

Package Included:

If this weight is accurate it's the best weight to piwer ratio for 2600-2800 ma units I have seen.

I'm testing a single 5200 ma multi star today in a normal flight after a hover test to see how much past 16 min I can get taking video. I am concerned as an ATP pilot about adding 650 gs right under the main battery. This would be a reason to use two 2800 aux batteries mounted on the arms as you can position the for and aft for cg. I have these in order

Keep us posted!

The 5200 mah multi star flew for 25 min and the app said 5% left in main. The aux battery still had 24 % in it when I connected to charger 10 min after flight. A flew things: this is about what's been reported before only that I did do some mild flying to test stability and braking with aft cg . No issues noted. Regarding why there was still 24% in aux and what would happen if I flew the main down to zero ? Would it stop when main read zero or fly until aux hit zero. I will set up a test for that on the ground another day. It is 40 f out with a 15-20 mph wind as well today. I did note the craft crabbing a bit into the wind in gps mode and drifting in att mode. These two factors should be considered. In sum it's about a 10 min. Gain in time in very mild flying. I suspect in actual flying not that much

The 5200 mah multi star flew for 25 min and the app said 5% left in main. The aux battery still had 24 % in it when I connected to charger 10 min after flight. A flew things: this is about what's been reported before only that I did do some mild flying to test stability and braking with aft cg . No issues noted. Regarding why there was still 24% in aux and what would happen if I flew the main down to zero ? Would it stop when main read zero or fly until aux hit zero. I will set up a test for that on the ground another day. It is 40 f out with a 15-20 mph wind as well today. I did note the craft crabbing a bit into the wind in gps mode and drifting in att mode. These two factors should be considered. In sum it's about a 10 min. Gain in time in very mild flying. I suspect in actual flying not that much

Yeah I made similar observations about quite a bit of power left in the aux batteries with the Mulistars or DJI batteries used as aux. I suspect the low C capability of these batteries may be to blame somehow, since I don't see this with higher C batteries.

I will try the 2800 ones when they arrive as they are lighter and provide better piwer to weight. Perhaps they are lower c?

My Turnigy 2650's just arrived. They are 380g, 20C each but going to hopefully fly them today or tomorrow and report back.

The 2800's at 370g would be better in theory though! Anxious to hear your report. Any ETA when you will get them?

The 5200 mah multi star flew for 25 min and the app said 5% left in main. The aux battery still had 24 % in it when I connected to charger 10 min after flight. A flew things: this is about what's been reported before only that I did do some mild flying to test stability and braking with aft cg . No issues noted. Regarding why there was still 24% in aux and what would happen if I flew the main down to zero ? Would it stop when main read zero or fly until aux hit zero.

It will stop and fall when main is 0%, regardless of aux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb920questions