Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the observation of myself and others that the DJI and Multistar (low C) batteries have significantly higher remaining power left in them than the main DJI battery, and higher than the aux higher-C batteries (i.e. the 25, 45+ C Nanotech's) I wonder if there is any conclusion that can be drawn?

I know we were all trying lower C batteries due to the Inspire 8-10C draw and favorable power/weight ratios of these batteries on paper, but given so much power is being left on the table, and documented flight times have been a disappointment in general vs our expectations...

I wonder if the smaller, higher C batteries are the best bet.

Since I got my best times so far with a TB48 and 2 x 2200 6S high-C Nano-Techs, I am hopeful that just nudging the power up slightly to 2650mah with the same high C and manufacturer will yield better results.

Can you shoot me a bottom shot with batt attached? Thanks. I'm guessing about 26 min which is 10 more then now

Pics above and this one are all I took of this particular setup. I basically used zip ties to mount a plastic bracket that then attached a sheet of Velcro to. Did the same for the battery.

This would be a challenge with an X5 plate I think. Fyi.

Hope that helps. Be sure to post back your results!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450274872.526228.jpg

Last edited:
Im thinking of drilling two holes in bottom of batt tray and mounting a bracket there? Another 570 g toward the rear of craft will effect cG ! Don't know if gyros can compensate?

Gyros will compensate fine but it'll feel very sluggish and control won't be crisp. You'll also potentially burn more power than centered CG, thereby lowering flight time a bit.

But test it out and let us know.

I can tell you that friend with an X5 with 2 X 1300mah 6S, attached to the main battery wall gets 17+ min to 30%, which is much better than stock at least.

I'm getting 15-17 with t48 now. I'd like to get to 25-27 min. I think will get there with 2 2600 multi stars and the mounting won't be an issue like a single 5200. Did you wire both 2200's to the main battery ? Got to find room to add another set of wires if I go to twin 2600's. Right now I gave one red coming out one side and one black out the other for one 5200.

I'm getting 15-17 with t48 now. I'd like to get to 25-27 min. I think will get there with 2 2600 multi stars and the mounting won't be an issue like a single 5200. Did you wire both 2200's to the main battery ? Got to find room to add another set of wires if I go to twin 2600's. Right now I gave one red coming out one side and one black out the other for one 5200.

I am hopeful that the 2600 range might be a sweet spot for flight time but will find out soon enough :)

Yes you need to wire 6S batteries in parallel with the main battery.

A red and black lead from each side is what I have

Last edited:
just try it today to carry 4 x 6S lipo batterties with my i1.
it is a windy day. the weight of the lipo are 1.24kg, plus the i1 it self it is around 4.4kg.
It can fly up but very unstable, when it goes up to the height of 1.5m it seems still fine with that weight but once it tranfer to the flying mode, uoooo..... very very unstable and extreamly hard to control ( winds are coming in all different direction ), I landed immediatly and given up and to carry 2 instead of four ( they are nano tech 6S 2200mah 45-90 C and weight around 720g ). than everything back to usual.
Damon, I think the best extra weight are the 1550mah or even 1800mah. ( not talking about the flying time but for the best flying style in shape of our inspire. To figurewise the weight I think in between 500g to 700g anything more than that it won't flying in a good shape ). I will swap the 1550mah to the underneth the arm tomorrow to see will it make much different.

To whom is watching this , I am just sharing, nothong else. Thank you.

tcchow - I'm very impressed by your lipo brackets you fabricated for this mod. Are you in the US? Would you be interested in manufacturing/selling any additional brackets for those of us with limited skills and resources? lol

Guys..do the MAH of the two battery have to match either the 47 or the 48 you use? What happens if you bump up the MAH by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb920questions