Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting work folks like the times, do you know what the sweet spot is in adding extra weight and getting the most mah for that weight ?

Last edited:
Crap. I may not make it....2nd TP still charging!!

View attachment 5888

Ok completed before the snow hit but the results, while the best yet, need to be redone since it was -5C, I hadn't warmed up the batteries, I was running brand new FW 1.6 and realized too late I badly needed an IMU and compass calibration. Wind gusts were up to 35mph to make it interesting.

It was like flying a bucking bronco.

But...28:40. I think with a redo I may finally hit 30min

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453574783.174612.jpg

Reactions: DamesNY
Interesting work folks like the times, do you know what the sweet spot is in adding extra weight and getting the most mah for that weight ?

That's what we're working towards. I've spent about $1000 on LiPo batteries and ended up designing multiple harnesses and mounts so far in the quest for 30 min flight time with an X3 and Flytrex on board.

Getting closer. Only about 1 min off the mark

That's what we're working towards. I've spent about $1000 on LiPo batteries and ended up designing multiple harnesses and mounts so far in the quest for 30 min flight time with an X3 and Flytrex on board.

Getting closer. Only about 1 min off the mark
Looked impressive today, and cold , good luck you look there based on those temps and wind.

Reactions: damoncooper
Alright! Finally received the Thunder Power 2700's I ordered. They look very high quality

View attachment 5855
View attachment 5856

I just got mine as well (same but 4S)! For my P3; I hope they outperform the 2400 LiHV Hyperions (29 mins) but not sure as these are a little heavier.

Is there anyone here who can make custom 4S batteries as light as possible, between 2500 and 2800 mAh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok completed before the snow hit but the results, while the best yet, need to be redone since it was -5C, I hadn't warmed up the batteries, I was running brand new FW 1.6 and realized too late I badly needed an IMU and compass calibration. Wind gusts were up to 35mph to make it interesting.

It was like flying a bucking bronco.

But...28:40. I think with a redo I may finally hit 30min

View attachment 5889

The Thunder Powers 2700 took a whopping 2721mah charge post flight which means they drained very linearly with the TB48 main, which is excellent. No wasted power due to low C.

Very impressed and running a TB48 calibration as well to prepare for another run once the weather clears.

Also invented an inflight battery warmer solution to avoid the 14C core temp I saw during the first run.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453584272.705509.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453584285.795982.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453584294.415727.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453584303.836318.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DamesNY and tcchow
Seems like more and more AC are falling from the sky with cold weather and FW1.6. Even after doing everything right.

Do a battery mod. Then you have redundancy in case main battery fails. The aircraft will never just "lose power", even if main pack shuts down or cells fail

Ok I've tested full main battery shutdown while in flight with the aux batteries attached with the battery mod and as expected the Inspire keeps on flying albeit with a battery error on app. I had full control of the aircraft even though the main TB48 was OFF.

Loving my battery mod. Especially with reports of Inspires dropping from the sky due to battery failure and my very expensive X5R on preorder!

Bring on the DJI battery failures. I'm ready!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eliphion
If you mount two batteries just get the X3 or X5 mount here:

DJI Inspire 1 X3/X5 Dual Battery Plate - Aero3D by Aeroeye

hi damon,

i have't checked where the holder are beeing shipped from but would it maybe possible to send me the 3D files since i have a 3D printer. i am of course not intending to sell them. i made my backpack (phatpack or phat-spire-pack) which is done and i would line to sell it this year. prototype is ready :)
if the stl is not available that is ok. just wanted to get around customs :) and shipping time.

hi damon,

i have't checked where the holder are beeing shipped from but would it maybe possible to send me the 3D files since i have a 3D printer. i am of course not intending to sell them. i made my backpack (phatpack or phat-spire-pack) which is done and i would line to sell it this year. prototype is ready :)
if the stl is not available that is ok. just wanted to get around customs :) and shipping time.

Sorry I don't have the print files. I collaborated with Neil on the design.

It's only 20 bucks and you can pay for extra fast shipping if you like.

Click the button :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onmonpg