Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they discharge in parallel. If main shuts down, the aux batteries and wired past the logic board (which cuts the DJI's discharge when it shuts off), but the aux batteries remain connected to the aircraft power system and that's how it keeps the aircraft supplied with power in the event the DJI battery disappears.
Thanks Damon

Just posting some results from my Auxiliary Battery Mod. 3700mah battery, removed VPS and mounted with one strip of dual lock underneath sitting over the gimbal bracket. It flew really nice. Traveled 69,190 feet, flight time 22:41. 100% foward throttle in GPS mode for 20:45, hovered around 2:00 until 10% . Took 53 pictures along the way and traveled 13 miles. Also my hover test left 30% in my Aux Battery, my two flight test left 10% and 12% in the Aux Battery. I wanted to try a single 5550mah battery, but not sure it would be used because I'm getting parallel drain levels from the 3700mah. Does anyone have percentage left in a single battery test from larger capacity battery?

Attachments

• 20160202_153133.jpg
    20160202_153133.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 86
  • 20160202_153128.jpg
    20160202_153128.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 83
  • 20160202_153125.jpg
    20160202_153125.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 90
  • 2016-02-03 12.13.41.jpg
    2016-02-03 12.13.41.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: tcchow
Just posting some results from my Auxiliary Battery Mod. 3700mah battery, removed VPS and mounted with one strip of dual lock underneath sitting over the gimbal bracket. It flew really nice. Traveled 69,190 feet, flight time 22:41. 100% foward throttle in GPS mode for 20:45, hovered around 2:00 until 10% . Took 53 pictures along the way and traveled 13 miles. Also my hover test left 30% in my Aux Battery, my two flight test left 10% and 12% in the Aux Battery. I wanted to try a single 5550mah battery, but not sure it would be used because I'm getting parallel drain levels from the 3700mah. Does anyone have percentage left in a single battery test from larger capacity battery?

doesn´t the bird yell that the VPS is not working or missing?
hope they won´t do the same like with the GPS that when not plugged in the bird will not take off. - do to DJI safety reasons bla bla bla...

I would be for a pro version where we can adjust and customize what we need and not. including flights in NFZ like airports or sport airports. like we have here in Hungary.

cheers.

doesn´t the bird yell that the VPS is not working or missing?
hope they won´t do the same like with the GPS that when not plugged in the bird will not take off. - do to DJI safety reasons bla bla bla...

I would be for a pro version where we can adjust and customize what we need and not. including flights in NFZ like airports or sport airports. like we have here in Hungary.

cheers.
No. I removed the VPS for better Center of Gravity positioning and disabled all the features relating to it in the app. You can actually turn off VPS in the App. It's really not needed except for entering travel mode, which is unnecessary if you have a landing mode case, it weighs 32g with the wire. It also enable automatic lowering of landing gear when close to the ground. The inspire when Return to Home is engaged and when a Critical Battery Level is reached will still automatically lower the landing gear. Also I read the VPS is only effective up to about 15 feet and needs a clear pattern to work, so not on grass, carpets or anything that may have a reoccurring pattern. Not sure if most people would want to do this, but if I want the Inspire in transport mode I put the battery in lightly, not snapped and when it's in position I just quickly pull the battery and done or just get a landing mode case, then you don't even have to remove the camera.

Lower C (10C) aux batteries leave quite a bit of power in them, and don't seem to drain quite evenly. I've given up on DJI and Multistar batteries as aux batteries for that reason.

20C - 25C seem to be just what the doctor ordered.

I like your mounting position. Looks great too!

Some more mounting pictures.

Attachments

• 20160203_170654.jpg
    20160203_170654.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
  • 20160203_170639.jpg
    20160203_170639.jpg
    875.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20160203_170528.jpg
    20160203_170528.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 97
Reactions: damoncooper

Not too bad for 100C. Might want to look at a closer mah match with your main battery though if you'd like more flight time.

I have a 7000mah LiHV Thunder Power inbound to try. Weighs 797g. Should be interesting.

Reactions: Phatzo
Not too bad for 100C. Might want to look at a closer mah match with your main battery though if you'd like more flight time.

I have a 7000mah LiHV Thunder Power inbound to try. Weighs 797g. Should be interesting.

can you maybe also post price so one could calculate a bit. I don´t even know if I can get TP here in Hungary LOL
I will probably have to get it of off HK or some other online store.

other than that, keep it up :) really eagerly reading this thread. - set on watch - :D

thanks
m

can you maybe also post price so one could calculate a bit. I don´t even know if I can get TP here in Hungary LOL
I will probably have to get it of off HK or some other online store.

other than that, keep it up :) really eagerly reading this thread. - set on watch - :D

thanks
m

Hit their site, I think they have presence and dealers worldwide. Maybe give them a call too. They are good folks. Tony is their main support guy who I deal with in their Las Vegas HQ, he always picks up the phone himself when you select the Support option on the phone and he spends time explaining stuff which I appreciate.

Contact Us

The LIHV charger and 2 X 3500mah LiHVs are about this price:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454592977.580097.jpg

The 7000mah LiHV is $199.99:

Thunder Power RC TP7000-6SHV

For anyone wondering why I would want the 7000 AND two 3500's, make note that

1) the 7000 is almost exactly the same dimensions as the cell volume of the TB48

2) it weighs just a touch more than the TB48 at 797g

3) a madman might consider gutting a TB48 and replacing its cells with those of the LiHV TP 7000 and adding the 2700's or 3500's as external batteries for a 14000mah power plant that weighs about the same as current weight with TB48 + aux batteries

Ahem.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Latest from Neil's Shop of 3D goodness. Beefed up a few spots for added durability and frequent on/off usage.

View attachment 6194
thank you for the information :)
good idea you put up :)
I do have a friend that is into microprocessors and current good with soldering :D LOL grin...
so, I am thinking of that 14 000 mAh plant :D I will have a look at the shipping and handling etc and look forward to getting a setup like this.

m

thank you for the information :)
good idea you put up :)
I do have a friend that is into microprocessors and current good with soldering :D LOL grin...
so, I am thinking of that 14 000 mAh plant :D I will have a look at the shipping and handling etc and look forward to getting a setup like this.

m

Just need to keep the circuit board, temp sensor and rewire the DJI balance lead to the new battery. That's my plan anyway.

Hit their site, I think they have presence and dealers worldwide. Maybe give them a call too. They are good folks. Tony is their main support guy who I deal with in their Las Vegas HQ, he always picks up the phone himself when you select the Support option on the phone and he spends time explaining stuff which I appreciate.

Contact Us

The LIHV charger and 2 X 3500mah LiHVs are about this price:

View attachment 6183

The 7000mah LiHV is $199.99:

Thunder Power RC TP7000-6SHV

For anyone wondering why I would want the 7000 AND two 3500's, make note that

1) the 7000 is almost exactly the same dimensions as the cell volume of the TB48

2) it weighs just a touch more than the TB48 at 797g

3) a madman might consider gutting a TB48 and replacing its cells with those of the LiHV TP 7000 and adding the 2700's or 3500's as external batteries for a 14000mah power plant that weighs about the same as current weight with TB48 + aux batteries

Ahem.
Excellent ides Damon !! So you will see in AP the 7000mah?
Should I cancel my order for the 2700 and change it for the 3500?

but then you would still see only 5700 mAh through the balance board... do not know how to reset it. :(

No, it assumes whatever max capacity the board tells it but bases remaining capacity on voltage. So, as is the case with the aux batteries attached, the % remaining will be based on voltage sensed via main and balance connectors. Should be fine and not restrict usage of all 7000mah.

Excellent ides Damon !! So you will see in AP the 7000mah?
Should I cancel my order for the 2700 and change it for the 3500?

I'd stick with the 2700's until anything else proves better :) This is experimental so who knows what the results will be.

My Thunder Power orders are on their way once they arrive my plan over the next number of weeks will be:

1) Test main TB48 + (2 x TP 3500 LiHv 6S)
2) Test main TB48 + (1 x TP 7000 LiHV 6S)
3) Hack and destroy a perfectly healthy TB48, mucking with wiring, temp sensors, balance plugs and soldering irons, hopefully not blowing myself up. Then....
4) Test main TP 7000 LiHV
5) Test main TP 7000 LiHV + (2 x TP 2700 6S)
6) Test main TP 7000 LiHV + (2 x TP 3500 LiHV 6S)

I'd stick with the 2700's until anything else proves better :) This is experimental so who knows what the results will be.

My Thunder Power orders are on their way once they arrive my plan over the next number of weeks will be:

1) Test main TB48 + (2 x TP 3500 LiHv 6S)
2) Test main TB48 + (1 x TP 7000 LiHV 6S)
3) Hack and destroy a perfectly healthy TB48, mucking with wiring, temp sensors, balance plugs and soldering irons, hopefully not blowing myself up. Then....
4) Test main TP 7000 LiHV
5) Test main TP 7000 LiHV + (2 x TP 2700 6S)
6) Test main TP 7000 LiHV + (2 x TP 3500 LiHV 6S)
Be ready and do not forget to take a good meal with you to the field, because the option 6 will give you one hour of flight time. you are brave man.

No, it assumes whatever max capacity the board tells it but bases remaining capacity on voltage. So, as is the case with the aux batteries attached, the % remaining will be based on voltage sensed via main and balance connectors. Should be fine and not restrict usage of all 7000mah.
i did switch the balance board from a 5700 to a 4500 and it still showed the 4500mah although it was fully charged. should i have completly depleted and recharged for reseting the board?
i had a crash and the board of the sort of new-ish 5700 mah batter bent and did not really show info apart from the -273 Centigrade so i swaped and took the balance. oard from my first pack that came with my AC. did not really work. maybe i will resolder it back, deplete and recharge. that might work then...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onmonpg