Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ordered tp 2700s for modding 2 batteries also. My inspire is a version 1 that I recently upgrade to the v2 motors with the x5. Damon I know you just upgraded to the v2 pro black but do you use the same values for attitude and gains as your older v1? I guess what I am trying to say is with the new powerful motors are you using close to the same values?

Thanks
John

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Huh..I'm running 1.6fw as well and have tried the minimum and maximum of both attitude and braking and everything in between. Drift isn't what concerns me as much as it's twitchy behavior..will keep on experimenting though!!

Is it twitchy just holding a hover, little wind? That definitely sounds like you want to dial down the gains I agree.

I have advanced gains all set at 100 (default), with the convenience attitude at 100 and braking at 100

I have ordered tp 2700s for modding 2 batteries also. My inspire is a version 1 that I recently upgrade to the v2 motors with the x5. Damon I know you just upgraded to the v2 pro black but do you use the same values for attitude and gains as your older v1? I guess what I am trying to say is with the new powerful motors are you using close to the same values?

Thanks
John

Different actually. See above, I had to dial up the gains

Reactions: John Boylan
Is it twitchy just holding a hover, little wind? That definitely sounds like you want to dial down the gains I agree.

I have advanced gains all set at 100 (default), with the convenience attitude at 100 and braking at 100
That's correct twitchy in hover with little to no wind..

Also just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the valuable info in this thread, I have been following it all the way.

I am currently vacationing Maui with my inspire and my batteries should be at home when I get back.

I've to get it flying a bit more stable but the most noticeable twitchiness is when ascending and descending...just gotta find that sweet spot!:)

What are your RC gains at? I'm .40 across the board
Same issue wether they're at 20,30,and 40...havn't tried going higher than 40..
They are currently at .28 which seems to be the best so far.
Other gains right now are..

Sensitivity: 70,100 and 120
advanced gain: 85,85,90, and 70

Last edited:
Same issue wether they're at 20,30,and 40...havn't tried going higher than 40..
They are currently at .28 which seems to be the best so far.
Other gains right now are..

Sensitivity: 70,100 and 120
advanced gain: 85,85,90, and 70

I might suggest to start over from defaults. Go all defaults for advanced gains (100). Then tweak attitude sensitivity up or down.

A few more Q: is this with aux batteries attached or without? Any difference with/without? V1 or V2/Pro? CF props or DJI?

I might suggest to start over from defaults. Go all defaults for advanced gains (100). Then tweak attitude sensitivity up or down.

A few more Q: is this with aux batteries attached or without? Any difference with/without? V1 or V2/Pro? CF props or DJI?
I have already gone back to defaults for the advanced gains and it was worse with all set to 100 values..
flying v1 with t motor cf 14x4.8 props..
with extra batteries flies unpredictably in gps mode ...completely normal without batteries or with batteries and flying in atti mode.

Last edited:
This is with an x3..

Maybe the Motors are on its limit, saw this behaviour on my octo once, to much payload with wrong motor/prop combination. It flew but was far away from stable

Chris

Maybe the Motors are on its limit, saw this behaviour on my octo once, to much payload with wrong motor/prop combination. It flew but was far away from stable

Chris
Flies fine in atti mode though....:/

I have already gone back to defaults for the advanced gains and it was worse with all set to 100 values..
flying v1 with t motor cf 14x4.8 props..
with extra batteries flies unpredictably in gps mode ...completely normal without batteries or with batteries and flying in atti mode.

Can you try doing a compass calibration with the batteries on?

Also, big question here: which specific batteries again? Are they actually Thunder Power 2700's or did you get them off eBay, etc?

Richard and I had a horrific similar experience with a set off eBay. I almost lost my aircraft. It was like a bucking bronco. I suspect they were made including material that was ferrous. Took them off, used different batteries and life was good.

Chris
Can you try doing a compass calibration with the batteries on?

Also, big question here: which specific batteries again? Are they actually Thunder Power 2700's or did you get them off eBay, etc?

Richard and I had a horrific similar experience with a set off eBay. I almost lost my aircraft. It was like a bucking bronco. I suspect they were made including material that was ferrous. Took them off, used different batteries and life was good.
These are genuine thunder power 6s 2700 25+ from vegas.
Have already recalibrated compass(with batteries on), IMU and radio as well...only problem is when in gps mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhwaco