Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Damon, thats seriously disappointing. Should try with the X5. On the other hand 15 mins with just the TB48 is kind of ok. So I guess the aux batts are not up to par.

In another perspective, your aux batteries added about 6 mins. My added batt added about 13 mins.

Wow Damon, thats seriously disappointing. Should try with the X5. On the other hand 15 mins with just the TB48 is kind of ok. So I guess the aux batts are not up to par.

Well it is an X5R vs X5. I don't have an X5 to try but I do have an X3 in addition to the X5R. Might be interesting to go back to back just swapping out cameras (X3 vs X5R).

Reactions: John Boylan
I would try some smaller batteries max amp 1850ma are 235 grams , my 2000 are 280 , too much weight your working the motors burning juice ⚡

When gaining access to the power board do you have to remove the vision stabiliser?

Are you able to set up inspire so that with x3 it's same weight as x5r? This may help to show if it's excess current drain from x5r.

I'm wondering if you may be at the weight limit of what the inspire can effectively carry and beyond the efficient ability of the motors i.e. may need a hexacopter inspire to handle the load more effectively.

Maybe it could be that the lift lost to drag with the extra batteries in that configuration is robbing enough lift from the system to cause the rear motor to pull a lot more current?

Reactions: slim.slamma
image.jpeg Try to fly today in Cali , 12mph winds had to cut it short ! I do not trust stock props in high winds. I still had over 10 mins of left !

So yesterday was a sad day for my Inspire. It bit the dust. :(.

I was out to test what I could get for flight time on the TP LiHV 3500's (2 of them). This is not the first time I have flown these, the third time and I have also the TP 2700's that I have flown with several times also.

I took off and everything was really good weather was 15 C, with maybe only about a slight breeze of wind at about 10:30pm. So I hovered for about 6 mins then decided to take off to a nearby plant and take a photo, did that, headed out a little further to about 1.3 km then turned around and on the way back it was fine then all of a sudden I see the gimbal go face down and then I look up and it is spiralling towards the ground and was done in about 3-4 seconds. I race over to it thinking I might have to put out a fire with the extra batteries on there but no it pretty much non salvageable except for the 15mm lens. I am not 100% sure what went wrong. It had just about 300 flights on it. Never had any issues with it. I have been using the Tiger motor props 14x4.8 with the STO adapters for about the last 50 flights with no issues so I am not sure it was a prop. My thinking is there were some power lines where it was and on the way back with all the added weight it probably lost altitude very quickly then hit a power line. I am not sure and probably will never know.

I need to order a new one but I am not sure if I should hold out for a new inspire but my gut is telling me don't wait just get a new one, I have got lots of extra batteries that I need to use ;)

I know its kinda a stray away from the topic but I want to say that I am almost certain it was not the battery mod that had anything to do with the crash other than it lost altitude which is what I am thinking but will never know for sure.

Yes I have the dbsmod when I turned around to come back I was at 300 feet but my take off point was about 65 feet below that, so really about 235 then it could have dipped to I am guessing 150-175 ish cause it was going with the very light wind which gave it speed but lost its lift then snagged a line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So yesterday was a sad day for my Inspire. It bit the dust. :(.

I was out to test what I could get for flight time on the TP LiHV 3500's (2 of them). This is not the first time I have flown these, the third time and I have also the TP 2700's that I have flown with several times also.

I took off and everything was really good weather was 15 C, with maybe only about a slight breeze of wind at about 10:30pm. So I hovered for about 6 mins then decided to take off to a nearby plant and take a photo, did that, headed out a little further to about 1.3 km then turned around and on the way back it was fine then all of a sudden I see the gimbal go face down and then I look up and it is spiralling towards the ground and was done in about 3-4 seconds. I race over to it thinking I might have to put out a fire with the extra batteries on there but no it pretty much non salvageable except for the 15mm lens. I am not 100% sure what went wrong. It had just about 300 flights on it. Never had any issues with it. I have been using the Tiger motor props 14x4.8 with the STO adapters for about the last 50 flights with no issues so I am not sure it was a prop. My thinking is there were some power lines where it was and on the way back with all the added weight it probably lost altitude very quickly then hit a power line. I am not sure and probably will never know.

I need to order a new one but I am not sure if I should hold out for a new inspire but my gut is telling me don't wait just get a new one, I have got lots of extra batteries that I need to use ;)

I know its kinda a stray away from the topic but I want to say that I am almost certain it was not the battery mod that had anything to do with the crash other than it lost altitude which is what I am thinking but will never know for sure.

Sorry for your loss. Can you unload the flight DAT file? Alternatively, from the GO app FlightRecords directory (in iTunes if on iOS), can you extract the GO app flight record and upload it to Healthydrones.com and post a link to it here?

Sorry for your loss. Can you unload the flight DAT file? Alternatively, from the GO app FlightRecords directory (in iTunes if on iOS), can you extract the GO app flight record and upload it to Healthydrones.com and post a link to it here?
Yes I will upload the flight and then post the link here....see what more it can tell me

Reactions: damoncooper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pl500examdumps