Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am giving a break about the project;

Reasons;

- Ran out of donour batteries
- The smart circuit is not designed for connecting and removing all the time. You will see what I mean if you reach the point I am at now.
- There is an another battery design rumour going around assembled with 18650 cells, it will fail also, they will come to a dead end or already came. By the way it is not possible with 18650 cells, they do not have suitable C rates and voltage is way lower than a LiHV; available capacity today technology per cell is max. 3400mAh so 6s2p config will be 6800mAh weight will be nearly the same as original. Not logical to go that path.
- TB48 is being sold at USD290 in my country, I do not find it logical to franken a new battery.
- The battery needs to be user friendly, modifications I am planning is not. Why waste time on something not useful...
- Before you ask, it is not about the budget. I just need some time to think about creating something more effective and useful.

Regards.

View attachment 6300
View attachment 6301

You were at full steam now you hit a wall ?

Shame

Did you come to the lock out I mentioned the P3 has ?

I am giving a break about the project;

Reasons;

- Ran out of donour batteries
- The smart circuit is not designed for connecting and removing all the time. You will see what I mean if you reach the point I am at now.
- There is an another battery design rumour going around assembled with 18650 cells, it will fail also, they will come to a dead end or already came. By the way it is not possible with 18650 cells, they do not have suitable C rates and voltage is way lower than a LiHV; available capacity today technology per cell is max. 3400mAh so 6s2p config will be 6800mAh weight will be nearly the same as original. Not logical to go that path.
- TB48 is being sold at USD290 in my country, I do not find it logical to franken a new battery.
- The battery needs to be user friendly, modifications I am planning is not. Why waste time on something not useful...
- Before you ask, it is not about the budget. I just need some time to think about creating something more effective and useful.

Regards.

View attachment 6300
View attachment 6301

Thanks for all the info dellycem. I will carry the torch

have done the mod got 24.42 mins with single battery multistage 5.2 6s am happy with this as fireworks are normally about 17-18mins running time

just one question would is battery work ok

MultiStar LiHV High Capacity 6S 5200mAh Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack

I've done a similar mod with the t48... Not as nice as delly.... And have had up to 10000mah running through on the table and the app simply shows 5670 and voltage full green. Ran on table with no props for 36 hrs before I even began to see voltage drop. Don't know if I have the guts to flight test it.
You REALLY do not want to be running brushless motors with no load - they can over rev. Not good practice with any R//C set up.

have done the mod got 24.42 mins with single battery multistage 5.2 6s am happy with this as fireworks are normally about 17-18mins running time

Yes that'd work

Do you know what was left in the Auxiliary battery after your test? Was that a hover or flying?

yes there was 18% left in it

we hovered and did some flying in the field next door at about 10m
the mod is for when we shot firework displays so we will be hovering for 17 mins of the flight time

yes there was 18% left in it

we hovered and did some flying in the field next door at about 10m
the mod is for when we shot firework displays so we will be hovering for 17 mins of the flight time
Thanks for the info, I've been using a 3700mah battery which I got down to 13% left and going up to a 5550mah battery soon, just wanted to see if the extra capacity will be used.

I got 3 donor units one of which I have wired sim to your example. The boards are fragil and once modified and remounted I'd not suggest playing with them. The lights and switch are very fragil. Careful soldering at correct temp on the board is demanded! Higher rated iron can be used for pos. And neg. leads out to power source. Use the high strand 12 orv14g for those. Perhaps all with dead batteries could donate or sell units at around 50.00 USA $ or less to those who will wire them for external power sources? The fuel cell holds the greatest possibility. Until that is available this is all we have to work with. Btw the cells are available from China if one wants to build like dji units to replace bad cells

Reactions: damoncooper
I have succesfully achieved 33mins of flight time and possibility to go higher but there are some issues.

First of all, not possible with DJI props. 14x4.8 T-Motor needs to be mounted on... and also adapters which are not easily available around.

Secondly, building the battery costs a little much; around the same amount as 2 x TB48 cost. I still not decided is it going to be logical to make a battery costs that much compared to having 2 seperate TB48s which can offer around 22+22mins total.

Cells being used needs to be having the same capacity and inner resistance to give you the best flight time, also they need to be connected directly cell to cell to create 6s3p config. That is the keypoint.

I have designed a new battery case easier for everyone to use. Can be mounted directly to AC slot and can be charged directly from original charger...

I have succesfully achieved 33mins of flight time and possibility to go higher but there are some issues.

First of all, not possible with DJI props. 14x4.8 T-Motor needs to be mounted on... and also adapters which are not easily available around.

Secondly, building the battery costs a little much; around the same amount as 2 x TB48 cost. I still not decided is it going to be logical to make a battery costs that much compared to having 2 seperate TB48s which can offer around 22+22mins total.

Cells being used needs to be having the same capacity and inner resistance to give you the best flight time, also they need to be connected directly cell to cell to create 6s3p config. That is the keypoint.

I have designed a new battery case easier for everyone to use. Can be mounted directly to AC slot and can be charged directly from original charger...

Sounds promising. 2 TB48's wired in parallel give vey poor flight time though, about 23 min. I've tested that config. Maybe you mean using 6s3p though, breaking apart the packs and wiring together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu