Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. Altitude could be a factor. 14x4.8 props or DJI 13-inch? The great pitch 14's or the DJI high altitude props might be needed. Have you ever seen a message about max motor speed reached?
Just ordered the dji 13x6's..curious to see the difference..:)

Reactions: damoncooper
After flight how do I check remaining power of aux batteries? My setup. Screenshot_2016-03-02-19-38-34.png

Charger didn't come with instructions but I pretty much figured things out.

After flight how do I check remaining power of aux batteries? My setup. View attachment 7042

Charger didn't come with instructions but I pretty much figured things out.

Charge to full, then note how much charge (mah) they took. Subtract from total capacity for mah remaining at end of flight.

Then discharge to Storage level till next flight.

Charge to full, then note how much charge (mah) they took. Subtract from total capacity for mah remaining at end of flight.

OK
Do these charges normally come with instructions?
I think they sold me an open box.
I'll check mah before and after makes sense

10;4
Thanks man but for 2hundo this needs some instruction! I'll figure it out.
Ha I'm starting to have a better understanding of dji smart battery. Idiot proof for newbies like myself. Ha ha

10;4
Thanks man but for 2hundo this needs some instruction! I'll figure it out.
Ha I'm starting to have a better understanding of dji smart battery. Idiot proof for newbies like myself. Ha ha

:).

For a 6S regular LiPo,

Fully charged: 6 x 4.2v = 25.2v
Half charged/storage: 6 x 3.8v = 22.8v
Fully discharged: 6 x 3.3v = 19.8v

Reactions: slim.slamma

Hi Damon , I have same question ,
1. How you control the power remaining in the aux bat during the flight?
2. Do the TP820HVC charger , can do a normal and storag discharge for the TP2700
Thanks in advance.

You have no control over the auxiliary battery powered be to the main post battery during flight. PP 2700 seem to drain in parallel to the host battery. Some of the other offbrands do not drain in parallel and up with 25% left in them.
Thanks Adelberg for your response , so if I understood, the power remaining for landing is what I see in the App, but since the main bat (TB) is in continues charge (until the aux is drained out) the time bar in the app, will move much slowly . Is it right?

The battery board only see the max. Mah of the main no matter how many additional mah you add through the aux. In the mid section of the flight you will see a slower decrease in the time remaining as the main goes down it will begin to equalize with the mah in the aux. Near the last 20% of flight time both have equally drained ( thunder piwer only) and the remaining time will accelerate slightly again until the end.

The battery board only see the max. Mah of the main no matter how many additional mah you add through the aux. In the mid section of the flight you will see a slower decrease in the time remaining as the main goes down it will begin to equalize with the mah in the aux. Near the last 20% of flight time both have equally drained ( thunder piwer only) and the remaining time will accelerate slightly again until the end.
Thanks , now it is much clear for me.

Hi everybody. Excellent thread.
Just finished battery mod. Now I need recommendation for aux battery. I use I1, X3, org. 13" props and have serial connection for 2 x 3S batt.

Hi everybody. Excellent thread.
Just finished battery mod. Now I need recommendation for aux battery. I use I1, X3, org. 13" props and have serial connection for 2 x 3S batt.

Best so far seem to be 2 x TP 2700mah 6S 25C. If you have only one plug coming out of your Inspire battery you can get a parallel connector to connect the two aux batteries together to plug in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondZogue