Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery swelling with 3 batteries

I thought the exact same thing when I looked at your pics "Those batteries look fine to me, if they are swollen then all of mine are as well!!". Glad to hear a positive end to what seemed like a bummer of a story at first glance.

Yes I will for sure stop using any showing signs of swelling or inefficient cells. Can not believe I was so stupid but there again I did not realise you could buy stickers for them. Just when I held a new battery beside my 3 older ones they all looked buffed up and soft to the touch. :oops::oops::oops::rolleyes: Thank you to all of you for your advice and information though. Its very much appreciated!
Glad to hear Damon caught the stickers! They are for cold weather use only so be sure to remove them if you fly in weather above 5-10ºC. Check out the cold weather flight thread for some other ideas that insulate the batteries without the stickers. Keep it up!

I'm sad to have to come to this thread. I have three, low flight hour batteries that have bad swelling issues and will not charge. I kept them at a low charge while storing them and rotated them when charged. One has split at the case seams. Since DJI has not really addressed this issue, I wonder if they actually know about it and want me buying batteries to continue a constant revenue flow after I've already spent $4000.00 on my I1 + accessories. As you all know, this is a 500.00 lesson. I'm actually still trying to figure out the lesson when I think I did everything right.

Swollen Bat1.jpg Swollen Bat2.jpg Swollen Bat3.jpg

After writing this, I was thinking about How the batteries where stored. The I1 case has four battery slots and two cradles under the controllers. I had three in the slots and one in the cradle. All three of the batteries in the slot swoll up. The one in the cradle didn't and charged to 100%. Any thoughts on it.....

Last edited:
I'm sad to have to come to this thread. I have three, low flight hour batteries that have bad swelling issues and will not charge. I kept them at a low charge while storing them and rotated them when charged. One has split at the case seams. Since DJI has not really addressed this issue, I wonder if they actually know about it and want me buying batteries to continue a constant revenue flow after I've already spent $4000.00 on my I1 + accessories. As you all know, this is a 500.00 lesson. I'm actually still trying to figure out the lesson when I think I did everything right.

View attachment 9911 View attachment 9912 View attachment 9913

After writing this, I was thinking about How the batteries where stored. The I1 case has four battery slots and two cradles under the controllers. I had three in the slots and one in the cradle. All three of the batteries in the slot swoll up. The one in the cradle didn't and charged to 100%. Any thoughts on it.....
Dispose of those batteries very carefully - DO NOT use them.
What level have you been flying your batteries down to?
Have you always allowed your packs to totally cool down back to ambient before charging?

Dispose of those batteries very carefully - DO NOT use them.
What level have you been flying your batteries down to?
Have you always allowed your packs to totally cool down back to ambient before charging?

1. Will definitely dispose of the batteries.
2. I flew them down to approximately 20%.
3. Always let them cool before recharging.....

Batteries have gone to have gone a few months of non use........

P.S. Glad I read the entire post about your self built 12 foot Hex. Was thinkin you must have a huge frontal lobe for command inputs, but you use the colander transmitting system. LoL......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorganDimo