Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best Exponential and Gain Settings

What are ideal exp and gain settings for Inspire 1v2?
For what?
Photography
Videography
Mapping
Whizzing about fast
There is no such this as the ‘ideal’ setting since what one person feels comfortable with can be too sensitive for another flyer.
It is best just to experiment and change by small increments until you are happy with a setting.
You also do not mention what payload/camera you have attached as this will affect the flight dynamics of the aircraft.
This has been covered many times before on the forum.
Here is just one....
Settings for Gain/Expo/Pitch EXP etc. Do you know what it all means?

That also raises the question what each setting exactly does. I asked dji but never got a response on it. So that leaves me with a number of settings I have no clue on what they do...

That also raises the question what each setting exactly does. I asked dji but never got a response on it. So that leaves me with a number of settings I have no clue on what they do...
There IS an instruction manual. Expo and gain are standard settings throughout the RC world. Gain is just that. How much control do you get for a give deflection of the stick. Expo changes the sensitivity depending on where the stick is in its travel. The higher the expo, the softer the response is at the center but the more dramatic it becomes toward the endpoints. The other one is “smoothing” or “ramping” I was part of lobbying DJI to add this to the gimbal settings over on RCGroups. This smooths acceleration and deceleration of the gimbal movements. Without this setting it’s very difficult to stop a gimbal movement without it looking like you hit a brick wall. Same with starting a motion.

@Eric Braun : Thanks for the reply , but i was also refering to all the other settings there are. Expo I had figured out and used, but there is so much more to find out on the other settings.

@Eric Braun : Thanks for the reply , but i was also refering to all the other settings there are. Expo I had figured out and used, but there is so much more to find out on the other settings.
Like what? They are pretty easy to explain. Also, you can read about it too.

If you never changed them before they will remain the same. But if you have favourite custom settings they sadly get set back to default with many Go updates. And often I forgot to write them down.
So, indeed, try them out with little steps at a time. But write them down once you have a good setup.
I usually have all EXP's on their softest/lowest setting, unless I know I will have to react quickly to follow a fast moving object.

If you never changed them before they will remain the same. But if you have favourite custom settings they sadly get set back to default with many Go updates. And often I forgot to write them down.
So, indeed, try them out with little steps at a time. But write them down once you have a good setup.
I usually have all EXP's on their softest/lowest setting, unless I know I will have to react quickly to follow a fast moving object.
The problem with EPXs at their "softest" is that when you DO have to get into the larger control inputs, the response gets really exaggerated and difficult to fly smoothly. For example if you have a lot of expo on your forward stick and you're tracking a car, if the car accelerates to the point where your stick climbs out of that "soft" spot into the hyper sensitive area, the tracking becomes very difficult to manage, if not impossible. Just something to be aware of.

Did you bother to read the thread I posted to above?

The problem with EPXs at their "softest" is that when you DO have to get into the larger control inputs, the response gets really exaggerated and difficult to fly smoothly. For example if you have a lot of expo on your forward stick and you're tracking a car, if the car accelerates to the point where your stick climbs out of that "soft" spot into the hyper sensitive area, the tracking becomes very difficult to manage, if not impossible. Just something to be aware of.
Yep, there's always a trade off. And preparation, test flying and getting used to those settings, is always a must. I seldom have to give any sudden full stick while I'm flying normally, only when a helicopter suddenly comes out of nowhere at 100 feet high. But when tracking a rally car I wouldn't use any EXP. I would want it to react completely natural and intuitive.

Yep, there's always a trade off. And preparation, test flying and getting used to those settings, is always a must. I seldom have to give any sudden full stick while I'm flying normally, only when a helicopter suddenly comes out of nowhere at 100 feet high. But when tracking a rally car I wouldn't use any EXP. I would want it to react completely natural and intuitive.
Yep, you “get” it. We’re exclusively (except for 2 jobs) car chasers and that’s exactly where my comment came from. I run no expo because it has to be a linear response to track speed.

a choice of high and low rates on a flick switch would be really useful I have often thought.
Which is exactly what professional RC radios have. As well as programmable mixes and dual rates.
Unfortunately DJI are a million miles away from producing a professional RC TX and that includes their Cendence offerings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BetseyHene