Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

C/F Propeller Adapters

Reaction score
Has anyone had an opportunity to use C/F propeller adapters on their Inspire.

Regards,

Last edited:
As much as I do appreciate your concern as it relates to C/F props, your response really doesn't answer my question, now does it. : )

Question: Has anyone had an opportunity to use these particular C/F propeller ADAPTERS on their Inspire.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Haven't used them personally but from other reports I've read there's no real advantage. I did however manage to clip an electrical cable with the DJI props. I expected it to crash but to my surprise it didn't. I landed it and and discovered that I lost about a quarter inch off the end of the prop. Given the nature of CF I'm sure it would have shattered and the AC would have crashed. Something to consider.
IMG_0010.JPG

Haven't used them personally but from other reports I've read there's no real advantage. I did however manage to clip an electrical cable with the DJI props. I expected it to crash but to my surprise it didn't. I landed it and and discovered that I lost about a quarter inch off the end of the prop. Given the nature of CF I'm sure it would have shattered and the AC would have crashed. Something to consider.
View attachment 11905

Good to know, Alastair. I agree the plastic props are very forgiving, but I'm finding my Inspire to be less than stable when landing in confined areas, and from what I've been hearing, the C/F props promote more stability to the aircraft over the plastic props, particularly when there is considerable wind present.
Having said that, I must admit once again that I had posted my question not so much as an inquiry into C/F propellers and the use there of, but simply to find if anyone on the forum may have purchased and installed the specific propeller adapters I had placed a link to, not to determine the pro/cons of Carbon Fiber props.

In any regard, thank you for your input and advice, much appreciated.

Regards,

I'm wondering if the instability in confined areas you're experiencing, isn't being caused by propwash. If this is the case, I'm not sure the change will help. Still, if others have a positive experience using them, it might be worth a try. If you deside to go that route, I hope you let us know the results. All the best!

Al

Has anyone had an opportunity to use C/F propeller adapters on their Inspire.

Regards,
Yes. I purchased them from Infinity hobby w/14 inch CF props have 2 inspire 1's, an x3 and z5. Running them almost 13 months and have had no issues. The only problem I see is Infinity has them as out of stock

Todate, I have only a positive experience of CF props. The reason for purchase was quite simply that the quick release props fitted to my Inspire 1 v1 did not give me the confidence they should re their departure from the aircraft in flight. Moreover, as a lifetime flyer of RC helicopters and fixed wing aircraft, I would never use a flexible prop as they are very inefficient. I wanted a prop that I could screw down securely on the motors. I bought Xoars 1345 GF from the USA, expensive at $250. They came with the self-tightening adapters, which I am sure are fine but I prefer not to use them and screwed the props straight on the motors. I feel much happier with this system. As to flight performance, I really don't think there is a great deal in it. For me its all about safety and getting maximum efficiency out of the aircraft. I was warned by a couple of my friends that CF blades could give vibrations, sure they could if they are not balanced. You get what you pay for, the Xoars are perfect, the aircraft is totally vibration free, and rock steady.

View attachment 11905
I too clipped a light pole, removing 1/2" from both rt side c/f' s and both ends. Well I expected a crash from 20' but after a good hard shutter it came to a stable hover and I landed. I will only fly the c/f 14" and keep stock for reserve.

I too clipped a light pole, removing 1/2" from both rt side c/f' s and both ends. Well I expected a crash from 20' but after a good hard shutter it came to a stable hover and I landed. I will only fly the c/f 14" and keep stock for reserve.
Where did you get your 14 inch cf props from?

Reactions: John Waddington
One of our approved vendors here on this forum @Florida Drone Supply stocks and supports CF folding props for the I1. Michael is very knowledgeable and will helps you with your decision. I have personally used T-Motor non folding props and the Heliengadin folding props on my Inspire 2. I have found that the folding props are very convenient and much quieter than the standard DJI props or fixed T-Motor CF props.

i went with xoars cf props and adapters. pretty nice stuff

Attachments

• 20170226_103945.jpg
    20170226_103945.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 18

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam