Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Calibrate aircraft & IMU, which one first?

Reaction score
Hi there,
Just a question: if you have to recalibrate the aircraft and IMU, which one should I do first or it doesn't matter as they are independent?

I dont normally calibrate IMU, only after a firmware update, but as I've just been travelling overseas, the IMU sensor numbers look out of ordinary. The aircraft also has warning error about calibration. So I do need to recalibrate both, but not sure about the order. Which one should I do first to be safe?

Thanks

The ncore is the flight controller aswell as light bridge,and internal measurements unit. Imu. Calibration in advanced settings imu and you should be set.

The ncore is the flight controller aswell as light bridge,and internal measurements unit. Imu. Calibration in advanced settings imu and you should be set.

Hi Steve, not sure what you're telling me. But the question is about the order: calibrate the compass first or calibrate the IMU as if both have an issue.

Hi there,
Just a question: if you have to recalibrate the aircraft and IMU, which one should I do first or it doesn't matter as they are independent?

I dont normally calibrate IMU, only after a firmware update, but as I've just been travelling overseas, the IMU sensor numbers look out of ordinary. The aircraft also has warning error about calibration. So I do need to recalibrate both, but not sure about the order. Which one should I do first to be safe?

Thanks
The IMU would be done first, indoors preferably. I've never seen it recommended that the compass calibration be done after an IMU. As long as the compass values are within the parameters you're good to go. Here's a link to a previous post by the editor on doing the IMU calibration. Some good tips there!
IMU

Reactions: Lesmess
The IMU would be done first, indoors preferably. I've never seen it recommended that the compass calibration be done after an IMU. As long as the compass values are within the parameters you're good to go. Here's a link to a previous post by the editor on doing the IMU calibration. Some good tips there!
IMU

Great! Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stonecentreaus