Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence RC for Inspire 2

View attachment 16932 This has been my solution to the button issue. Rubber buttons from the local hobby dump glued on with super glue. The patch antenna is another thing. I'm beginning to think DJI is giving them away for a reason. Very disappointed with the performance I've gotten out of mine...

I believe that I the Patch antenna issue is firmware related (at least that’s what I’ve been told) so hopefully DJI will patch the Patch with a future firmware update !

You are able to dedicate buttons to specific purposes. I set up the programmable buttons on the left side of the Cendence for camera needs and the right side for drone control. I pretty well got the buttons memorized, plus it looks cool along side the 7.85 Chrystal Sky monitor! and its not for everybody at a cost pop at $1,000.

So what are the advantages to upgrade to a Cendence?
  1. It looks cool.
  2. You'll build up the muscles in your arms from the extra weight along with the CrystalSky.

3. The controller has a swappable battery that is interchangeable with the CrystalSky. But I have yet to run my regular controller down to empty in a single day in the manner I fly/shoot. Your actual mileage may vary.
  4. It is far more programmable than the original controller.
  5. A lot of functions that required going several menus deep on the app can be performed on the controller.
  6. Focus dial on the controller rather than an external focus wheel.
  7. Interchangeable antennas. it comes with a patch antenna and Omni sticks. Supposed to work with the 'coming soon' tracktenna.
I can imagine it being more useful to the cinema people who need to have quick access to all the camera settings.

My buddy and I are taking them out this weekend over to the abandoned AAF field in Queen Creek for some test flights. Welcome to show up. Not a lot to see there and most importantly, nothing to bump into. Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Arizona: Southeastern Phoenix (NE of E Ocotillo Rd and Schneph Rd)

Reactions: Advexure
So what are the advantages to upgrade to a Cendence?
Hey LP! I think Fly Gary hit most of them. He's right about it being heavy and my Saxophone harness took care of that (love that thing) and looks a little less like BDSM bondage harness than does the kit DJI rig. The 2 biggest advantages are (IMO) the power; I experience transient sphincter spasms far sooner than loss of transmission signal using just the stick antennae; assignable function buttons that keep your hands on the controller and not trying to remember which drop down menu gets you what you need.

Hey LP! I think Fly Gary hit most of them. He's right about it being heavy and my Saxophone harness took care of that (love that thing) and looks a little less like BDSM bondage harness than does the kit DJI rig. The 2 biggest advantages are (IMO) the power; I experience transient sphincter spasms far sooner than loss of transmission signal using just the stick antennae; assignable function buttons that keep your hands on the controller and not trying to remember which drop down menu gets you what you need.
Is it just for the Inspire 2 and Matrice? If so, just lost my interest.:(

I might come check that out, I'm in gold canyon. Let me know when you are going , thanks.

1. It looks cool.
  2. You'll build up the muscles in your arms from the extra weight along with the CrystalSky.

3. The controller has a swappable battery that is interchangeable with the CrystalSky. But I have yet to run my regular controller down to empty in a single day in the manner I fly/shoot. Your actual mileage may vary.
  5. A lot of functions that required going several menus deep on the app can be performed on the controller.
  7. Interchangeable antennas. it comes with a patch antenna and Omni sticks. Supposed to work with the 'coming soon' tracktenna.
I can imagine it being more useful to the cinema people who need to have quick access to all the camera settings.

My buddy and I are taking them out this weekend over to the abandoned AAF field in Queen Creek for some test flights. Welcome to show up. Not a lot to see there and most importantly, nothing to bump into. Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Arizona: Southeastern Phoenix (NE of E Ocotillo Rd and Schneph Rd)

Cendence is only for the I2 and M200 series only as it’s using the LB2.5 System as it’s known.

It does have replaceable radio modules so it does mean it may be compatible with other products in the fixture.

If anyone is also having issues with the Patch Antenna on latest firmware it may be hardware as it’s believed a few possibly went out with an issue, open a ticket and get it changed.

If anyone is also having issues with the Patch Antenna on latest firmware it may be hardware as it’s believed a few possibly went out with an issue, open a ticket and get it changed.

Where did you get this information?

My local dealer is telling me that it will be fixed in a future firmware release so I’m not sure who is correct?

1. It looks cool.

Appreciated the invite Gary. My lovely wife shot my plans down for Sat, gotta visit inlaws in Tucson.

Where did you get this information?

My local dealer is telling me that it will be fixed in a future firmware release so I’m not sure who is correct?

It’s been stated by DJI support on RCG.

First of all when you update Cendence make sure you have the Patch antenna attached as it needs to be updated too via the canbus port, currently the stance is if your getting very poor range on the Patch after updating then send it in for replacement, most are having no issues at all including my self, I have been using the Patch since before public release and overall it’s performed very well.

Cendence is only for the I2 and M200 series only as it’s using the LB2.5 System as it’s known.

It does have replaceable radio modules so it does mean it may be compatible with other products in the fixture.

I can share that we have successfully used the Cendence on the Phantom 4 Pro as well.

There were a very isolated few Cendence units that we had that got replaced under warranty due to some issues with the Patch.

They have been performing awesome and we hope DJI continues to add additional features and enhanced programmability...and don't forget Tracktenna some day! :cool:

Exciting Update! Cendence RCs and CrystalSky 7.85" Ultras are both IN STOCK with limited availability for immediate shipment or local pickup from the Advexure LA Showroom.

I can share that we have successfully used the Cendence on the Phantom 4 Pro as well.

There were a very isolated few Cendence units that we had that got replaced under warranty due to some issues with the Patch.

They have been performing awesome and we hope DJI continues to add additional features and enhanced programmability...and don't forget Tracktenna some day! :cool:

Exciting Update! Cendence RCs and CrystalSky 7.85" Ultras are both IN STOCK with limited availability for immediate shipment or local pickup from the Advexure LA Showroom.
That makes sense on the P4P. Can two Cendence remotes be used in Master/ Slave with different button assignments for the pilot and camera operator? Have fun on the road trip Advexure!

That makes sense on the P4P. Can two Cendence remotes be used in Master/ Slave with different button assignments for the pilot and camera operator? Have fun on the road trip Advexure!

Yes, Master and Slave configurations work great with the Cendence. Different button configurations can also be done. The programming settings are set in the respective GO4 app on each Cendence/display device and from what we’ve see stick to the Cendence even if you pair it to another aircraft (the settings migrate with the Cendence). Can’t 100% confirm consistency on this but from the tests we’ve tried our custom configurations carried over.

And thanks, we had a great fly day with wonderful conditions. Only unfortunate thing was we got to our location only to find that DJI had an NFZ in place for the firefighting activities for the Thomas Fire (which were long subsided in the particular area where we were). We were very lucky to get the necessary NFZ unlock on each and every aircraft otherwise the day would have quickly been spoiled. The NFZ did not show on AirMap and was very spotty as to when it grounded us on particularly aircraft. Some we were forced to land midflight after getting up for a minute or two, others wouldn’t let us take off, others we got full flights in and then were locked on the next flights. It did not not seem to function as a normal NFZ from DJI FlySafe. Happy New Year!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsmithp486