Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Controlled Flight Areas

Reaction score
Website
dejansmaic.com
I understand the FAA's concern with safety. But, has anyone noticed how many so called "airports" you have to contact (ie ATC) prior to flight? I mean the 5-mile radius, even for dirt fields & seldom used heliports all need to be contacted, which could exceed 20 in many areas, including Denver. First of all, yes, I am complaining in that you call 20+ ATC's for permission, assuming you can find a phone number or radio frequency. What, IMHO, is the B4UFly app should be revised so you can send an automatic one stop notification to all within your proposed flight area.

Just my take, and others are always welcomed to chime in with their thoughts, and how they handle this. I also know too many people who fly regardless, for personal and commercially, in restricted airspace.

Lmfao.... you're dim.

GO
READ
THE
REGS

Wow, I'm officially gobsmacked by the hostility and foul language presented in this thread. What gives?

I also have to side with OP here - in the link to FAA regs that he provided, it clearly states that operators have to notify the ATC's in the current area before operations can commence - even recreational flying, if you're in restricted airspace.

What am I missing?

Here in Norway, we have the exact same regulations; whenever I fly in restricted airspace, I'm obliged to notify ATC(s) with details of the operation, and also contact the ATC when the operation starts and ends.

Please calm down, there's no need to be rude and insulting, if you cannot leave a respectful and meaningful response, leave the space blank...

Wow, I'm officially gobsmacked by the hostility and foul language presented in this thread. What gives?

I also have to side with OP here - in the link to FAA regs that he provided, it clearly states that operators have to notify the ATC's in the current area before operations can commence - even recreational flying, if you're in restricted airspace.

What am I missing?

Here in Norway, we have the exact same regulations; whenever I fly in restricted airspace, I'm obliged to notify ATC(s) with details of the operation, and also contact the ATC when the operation starts and ends.

Please calm down, there's no need to be rude and insulting, if you cannot leave a respectful and meaningful response, leave the space blank...

I don't know why some are feeling insulted, but if people can't have a civil conversation with some constructive comments, then they should stay in the background.

Yes, we are required to contact all "ports" withing a 5 mile radius, and the FAA states it - by law. My point is this is a monstrous task even for a 2 minute flight, if you follow the letter of the law. It is highly unlikely the FAA will enforce this law unless something bad happens. I am hoping there is a more streamlined approach to notifying ATCs.

FTGoRq
Airspace%20Chart.jpg

UAV coach is only a suggested guideline. According to the FAA website FAQ Section 6 you are to make contact.
6b7d560f92d296e7ae6ea3a24d9f8096.png
927dd7a6ea34642d186c22db668b4fe0.png
at least that's how I read it.

Why do I need google when that's the FAA website, your comment doesn't make sense. By the way that was from google smh.

Lol... see, I'm not driving or working now... I'm gonna slap the crap out of you with facts. Although you're probably too lazy to actually read, if you even can.

Never mind, you're not worth my time, I'll leave you with a screen shot from the FAA page...

295382f4f334179c64c987ce921fa1ef.jpg

Reactions: DrMrdalj
You were literally too lazy to scroll down and read the whole thing. Typical Millennial.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam