Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystal Sky Ultra Bright Finally arrived

Flew 4 different times today and got an initial feel for the CS ultra.
I used to have a Phantom 4 pro + which could have stood to be a little brighter in direct sunlight. That is the reason I went for the Ultra. I did pick up a 5.5" high bright to use until the ultra arrived because I got tired of repeatedly getting warnings that my mobile device CPU was overloaded and the latency was terrible. (Was using an Ipad Mini 2)
The 5.5" is the same brightness as the PH4P+. (1000 nits) Useable, but could use a bit more intensity in direct sunlight.
So, the Ultra finally got here. I did my primary tests with a Mavic Platinum because my batteries were all in need of charging on my Inspire2.
So, I compared the 5.5" High brightness directly to the 7.85" Ultra.
Nice improvement. Had no trouble seeing anything whatsoever. Larger screen was a help too.
Below is a picture of both taken in direct sunlight. The picture doesn't really show the intensity but it does show the difference between the two.
No more hoods!! No more seeking shade!! No more glare!!
Latency is noticeably less than with the Ipad or Samsung Galaxy.
I flew tonight with my Inspire 2 and got some strange warnings. Something about maximum altitude reached (at 40 feet!!) I disregarded it and was able to go higher but warnings kept popping up. Maybe a FW glitch? I will refresh tomorrow. (No, beginner mode was not on. Max altitude is set at 200 meters. Multiple flight modes selected)
Anyway, that is my first impression of it.
I am glad I got it and I'm sure I will get used to its nuances.
I WILL NOT say it was worth the wait. 27 weeks waiting for an item that already has been paid for is ludicrous! I personally think that DJI needs to stop with these advance orders on new products. Release it when it is in existence!! DJI makes excellent products and this is one, but marketing practices and customer service need a serious overhaul.
I was getting angry that my order was placed over 6 months ago and I was seeing them show up on ebay from other dealers. I ordered mine from a very reputable dealer (Florida Drone Supply) and his supply of them was sent to him later than other dealers. Not fair.

xxxjr.jpg

Last edited:
It took six months on a pre-order to get my Ultra Bright Chrystal Sky monitor but it was well worth it. For those still waiting hang in their.

Does the screen have an 'AR' anti reflection coating, also what is the battery life like?

I used to have a Phantom 4 pro + which could have stood to be a little brighter in direct sunlight. That is the reason I went for the Ultra. I did pick up a 5.5" high bright to use until the ultra arrived because I got tired of repeatedly getting warnings that my mobile device CPU was overloaded and the latency was terrible. (Was using an Ipad Mini 2)
The 5.5" is the same brightness as the PH4P+. (1000 nits) Useable, but could use a bit more intensity in direct sunlight.
So, the Ultra finally got here. I did my primary tests with a Mavic Platinum because my batteries were all in need of charging on my Inspire2.
Nice improvement. Had no trouble seeing anything whatsoever. Larger screen was a help too.
Below is a picture of both taken in direct sunlight. The picture doesn't really show the intensity but it does show the difference between the two.
I flew tonight with my Inspire 2 and got some strange warnings. Something about maximum altitude reached (at 40 feet!!) I disregarded it and was able to go higher but warnings kept popping up. Maybe a FW glitch? I will refresh tomorrow. (No, beginner mode was not on. Max altitude is set at 200 meters. Multiple flight modes selected)
I WILL NOT say it was worth the wait. 27 weeks waiting for an item that already has been paid for is ludicrous! I personally think that DJI needs to stop with these advance orders on new products. Release it when it is in existence!! DJI makes excellent products and this is one, but marketing practices and customer service need a serious overhaul.
I was getting angry that my order was placed over 6 months ago and I was seeing them show up on ebay from other dealers. I ordered mine from a very reputable dealer (Florida Drone Supply) and his supply of them was sent to him later than other dealers. Not fair.

View attachment 17236

View attachment 17236

I think there is some sort of coating because there is no noticeable glare. That was one of the biggest problems with Ipad mini besides lack of brightness.
Battery outlives the remote. 6-8 hour life depending on brightness selected. Big plus is the battery is removable. Ultra comes with 2 and you can swap them without shutting it down.

I think there is some sort of coating because there is no noticeable glare. That was one of the biggest problems with Ipad mini besides lack of brightness.
Battery outlives the remote. 6-8 hour life depending on brightness selected. Big plus is the battery is removable. Ultra comes with 2 and you can swap them without shutting it down.

How can they be swapped without shutting it down? Wouldn't the CS turn off as soon as you remove the first battery?

There is a hot swap provision. It has a small internal battery to retain memory and keep connected. There is no image on the screen when the battery is removed, but the app will stay open and image returns as soon as new battery is installed.

A real shame that DJI have released this without an AR coated screen, for me personally it seems pointless for me to purchase one with this high price tag and not tick all the boxes when its use is for outdoors. knowing DJI they may have already planned a Mk11 that has it added. I will continue with the iPad for now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-12-04 21.00.25.png
    Screenshot 2017-12-04 21.00.25.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 16
A real shame that DJI have released this without an AR coated screen, for me personally it seems pointless for me to purchase one with this high price tag and not tick all the boxes when its use is for outdoors. knowing DJI they may have already planned a Mk11 that has it added. I will continue with the iPad for now.

I have the 1k nits and even in bright sun the reflectiveness has not been as issue for me, on a camera it will look bad but jam it on full brightness and it’s mostly not an issue, the problem with AR is makes the image more blocky, not as crisp.

I haven't seen any glare at all.
Ipad mini was like a mirror though, it was so glarey.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hils1947