Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Difference in DJI equipment US vs Europe

Reaction score
Are there any differences comparing a drone sourced in US vs sources in Europe beside the firmware? Any hardware, frequency, signal power,...differences?

Considering in buying my new drone (Inspire 2 or Mavic) in US for usage in Europe (Austria).

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Last edited:
As far as I know the transmitting power of the remote is slightly less when operated in EU due to different regulations. The transmitting power is automatically reduced. The aircraft operating range (e.g. The Mavic Pro) is 4.3 miles when operated according to FCC standards, reduced to around 3 miles when flying in Europe.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Are there any differences comparing a drone sourced in US vs sources in Europe beside the firmware? Any hardware, frequency, signal power,...differences?

Considering in buying my new drone (Inspire 2 or Mavic) in US for usage in Europe (Austria).

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
Absolutely no difference whatsoever (other than as mentioned the mains plug). The firmware is identical and will switch EIRP of the transmitter based on GPS geographic location.
The only difference to this is if you purchased in Japan where the operating frequency is in the 900mhz spectrum.

f4bb206e684684ac0ad260d05914408d.jpg

I know it's an Inspire forum, I am here from a while now, but I was replying to Pilotnumber1 that was considering buying an Inspire (or a Mavic Pro) and asking a simple question. Hope my reply didn't bother you too much. Sorry if that's the case.

Reactions: Pilotnumber1
I know it's an Inspire forum, I am here from a while now, but I was replying to Pilotnumber1 that was considering buying an Inspire (or a Mavic Pro) and asking a simple question. Hope my reply didn't bother you too much. Sorry if that's the case.

No worries - apologies, thought you were posting up thinking there is hardware difference in platforms between CE and FCC.
Didn't mean to jump on you. :)

Reactions: Pilotnumber1
I'm not sure if it sw or not but my Inspire 1 is limited to 500 meters -it simply will not go any further . Can not set it to more than 500m. Signal strength is at its maximum at that point and in line of sight.
I'm flying in the Netherlands.

I'm not sure if it sw or not but my Inspire 1 is limited to 500 meters -it simply will not go any further . Can not set it to more than 500m. Signal strength is at its maximum at that point and in line of sight.
I'm flying in the Netherlands.
Yes 500m is the maximum IF you put a number in that field.
Leave it blank and make sure distance limit is turned off (when the aircraft is connected) you will then be unlimited.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reubenmarie